• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I've gotta wonder how people crash like this. I've had multiple blowouts at speeds of up to 75 mph and keeping a steady hand at the wheel and pumping the brakes to bring the car in line without fishtailing has always done the trick. Maybe I have fast reflexes, but I know if I were in the driver's seat of that SUV with a bunch of kids inside, I'd be extra vigilant about road conditions, traffic, etc.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We see instances of people carrying kids unbuckled in SUVs and other vehicles all the time around here, or sitting on someone's lap in the front seat. The parents are idiots for doing so but some claim it's their "culture" (like my neighbor who was cited for shuttling his kids around in the back of his pick-up). I don't give a shit what your "culture" is, it's the law and anyone who endangers their children like this should be held accountable to the fullest extent.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    MOST of us would never overload a vehicle like that...remember - they had to have had coolers, etc. with them - be interesting to know just what kind of payload was in that vehicle!

As for sympathy....for the kids, absolutely. For ANY adult involved in the decision to put 'em all into one vehicle.....sorry, none. Toss the book at 'em for all I care. 12 in a vehicle...even at 100 lbs/ person - that's 1200 lbs. Now add everything else that was likely there - and seatbelts for 7.

Gross negligence, at the very least.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Isn't it illegal to ride in the bed of a pick up truck now? I've seen a truck so overloaded that it was riding on the bump stops and this was like a week ago.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm going to fly in the face of what many of you are preaching. I believe that parents are responsible for their children. I believe parents should make decisions for their children, including acceptable safety and risk decisions for their children. That is what being free is about - it isn't always pleasant. Sometimes parents make poor choices. This is one of those cases. Unfortunately, they have suffered great loss because of their decisions that they will have to live with. I do not in any way shape or form believe that they should be prosecuted. My heart goes out to them.

BTW - First think I thought, along with everybody else who hasn't said it....................................Must have been Mexicans.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    BTW - First think I thought, along with everybody else who hasn't said it....................................Must have been Mexicans.

Yes I did as well........and was correct in saying. But.......that doesn't mean that I don't think it's a tragedy the little kids were killed. I know you didn't say otherwise or even imply other wise.....just wanted to make sure no one else misunderstood.

Top Bottom