Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not a surprise. For how many years have we known that OnStar could be turned on, without your knowledge or permission, to listen to whatever happens inside your car?
    Texas SOT

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Not a surprise. For how many years have we known that OnStar could be turned on, without your knowledge or permission, to listen to whatever happens inside your car?

So, if you say that your new pressure cooker is the bomb, there might be trouble?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX

They shut my aunts car off by accident one time. She had used her onstar for directions and instead of giving her directions they activated the theft alert and turned her car off while she was on the highway.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    These pukes work for us remember? The politicians need to be voted out and the bureaucracies defunded until they respect our constitutional rights.

When have you ever seen bureaucracies defunded? We are too far down the road to "win" at the ballot box, all we can hope for is to slow down the inevitable.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    They shut my aunts car off by accident one time. She had used her onstar for directions and instead of giving her directions they activated the theft alert and turned her car off while she was on the highway.

The last GM car I bought came with OnStar. The first thing I did when I got home, was to unplug the module and set it on the shelf in the garage. It stayed there until I traded in the car. Just reading their agreement / terms of service document will send chills down your spine. Thanks, but no thanks. I was happy to give up the Bluetooth integration and speakerphone functions in exchange for not allowing complete, wireless control over my vehicle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The last GM car I bought came with OnStar. The first thing I did when I got home, was to unplug the module and set it on the shelf in the garage. It stayed there until I traded in the car. Just reading their agreement / terms of service document will send chills down your spine. Thanks, but no thanks. I was happy to give up the Bluetooth integration and speakerphone functions in exchange for not allowing complete, wireless control over my vehicle.

But what would you have done if your car were stolen by a crazy right wing extremist hell bent on working hard and supporting his family without government assistance. They wouldn't even know it because you wouldn't let them listen in to insure your safety. Wouldn't even be able to track your GPS.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    New flash-

Big Brother has pretty much been built-in to almost all technologies since the mid 90s.

There's a VOIP program called TeasmSpeak, used pretty extensively by gamers. Apparently one of the reasons they upgraded from TS2 to TS3 was that in some countries, it's illegal to use a VOIP program that doesn't have a built-in government back door, which TS2 lacked.

I'd like to know which countries those are, and if ours is one of them...

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    There's a VOIP program called TeasmSpeak, used pretty extensively by gamers. Apparently one of the reasons they upgraded from TS2 to TS3 was that in some countries, it's illegal to use a VOIP program that doesn't have a built-in government back door, which TS2 lacked.

I'd like to know which countries those are, and if ours is one of them...

Pretty much all gulf countries. Government blocked VOIP Ports and made providers use other Ports they could snoop on. Or we had to do a VPN for each client and get around it.

Sent from the black hole

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    But what would you have done if your car were stolen by a crazy right wing extremist hell bent on working hard and supporting his family without government assistance. They wouldn't even know it because you wouldn't let them listen in to insure your safety. Wouldn't even be able to track your GPS.

lol. When I told the dealer salesLoser I wasn't activating OnStar, he went as far as to tell me "I can't let you leave the lot until you activate it! It's against the law!" It got a little heated when he wouldn't accept "no thank you" and kept blocking my path, so I told him to fetch his manager and my contract, because it was about to be torn to shreds. The sales manager came and corrected him, and I was on my way.

caleb7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I would like to see their faces when they turn my camera on and see my poop face

I imagine whoever is assigned to that job would instantly feel they aren't being paid enough for it.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick!" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Top Bottom