DK Firearms

Feds Are Relaxing Pot Laws.....Yeah, Right.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We have cussed and discussed the Feds and their new attitude about Marijuana use in states where pot has been legalized.

I've posted long and loud about what I believe is a plan to disallow pot users as gun owners and users.

Summarized.
    The 4473 form still asks " Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana.........." Perjuring yourself on that question will get you charged. If you answer "yes", your purchase is disallowed.

Pot is still a level ONE narcotic with Federal penalties attached. There has been no attempt to change that.

State laws in Washington and Colorado may allow you to smoke pot, but it's still against Federal law to possess or to use MJ. As you use legalized Pot, you squash your Shooting Sports activities!

Feds decline to prosecute for possession or use but Pot is still illegal under Federal law! Huge numbers of citizens may be disallowed for firearms ownership!

If you use pot, technically, you may not own or purchase guns. Your CHL may be in jeopardy. Employers can still fire you for a positive drug test.

NOW........... Here's a new wrinkle!
    According to this article, the Feds are financing a study to determine how much drug use is present in city waste water (meaning sewage!).

If the Feds really didn't care about your Pot use, then why are they check your city sewer water for drug residue?

Check it out for yourself!

Feds paying for sewer analysis of pot usage in Washington

Here's a taste:
    "The upcoming study is aimed at helping determine whether the opening of pot shops increase a community's marijuana use, whether data from the waste water correlate to what people answer in surveys about their marijuana use, and whether weekday or weekend marijuana use has increased."

How's that grab ya?

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    They will contract it out to the private sector. And two dozen fed workers will handle the paperwork, fulltime. I've seen it done at NASA and DHS and Air Force procurement.

At the end of the contract they will give themselves another award certificate to hang on their office wall.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Roger, the Feds don't care about people. They care about money. If they find out they have a market of consumers already, it'll be easier for them to justify a new tax revenue in turn for more individual freedom or choices. They don't want us to make our own choices, but if they can get cash out of it...

This whole test the sewers thing is ridiculous, why not just ask?

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I made some additions to the OP and you guys may have missed them.

This entire thing smells like Obama tactics to me. Get our pot heads to groove into being ineligible to own firearms. What a crock!

Flash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've said all along it's about taking away your rights if you choose to do it.

Not hardly.

Get yourself a helium balloon party tank. Lots of balloons.

Stretch the balloon out and dump 10-15 cannabis seeds in it. Not too many seeds. Keep in mind of the weight. 10-15 seeds per balloon.

Air it up with helium. Tie it off. Then let that bitch fly.

It'll float along for miles and miles. Itll pop sooner or later, dropping the seeds.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Not hardly.

Get yourself a helium balloon party tank. Lots of balloons.

Stretch the balloon out and dump 10-15 cannabis seeds in it. Not too many seeds. Keep in mind of the weight. 10-15 seeds per balloon.

Air it up with helium. Tie it off. Then let that bitch fly.

It'll float along for miles and miles. Itll pop sooner or later, dropping the seeds.
    Evil plants that make drugs don't just grow. Some kid might plant he seeds and take care of them forever and become addicted after he makes those drugs.

Hed have to learn how to find where the drugs come from on the plant. You know the addictive part with no medicinal value? How do they start a lab to get the drugs out? The seeds don't just grow roots like normal non-evil plants do they? I mean, does this evil plant even grow outside of a lab? Did a scientist create this drug plant?

What's the plant good for anyways? It's not used for rope, food, oil, medicine, clothing, or furthering the existence of mankind. Early ships could have made it here to America fine without ropes right?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Evil plants that make drugs don't just grow. Some kid might plant he seeds and take care of them forever and become addicted after he makes those drugs.

Hed have to learn how to find where the drugs come from on the plant. You know the addictive part with no medicinal value? How do they start a lab to get the drugs out? The seeds don't just grow roots like normal non-evil plants do they? I mean, does this evil plant even grow outside of a lab? Did a scientist create this drug plant?

What's the plant good for anyways? It's not used for rope, food, oil, medicine, clothing, or furthering the existence of mankind. Early ships could have made it here to America fine without ropes right?

I agree.

What I find laughable. Is the huge 'vitamin and herb' section of HEB. Everything naturally occurring whatever, that doesn't work for shit, can be sold. Bottles, bags, and even herbal bath soap. All with promises of cannabis, yet deliver nothing but the money out your hand.

However, if it works. It's schedule 1.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I agree.

What I find laughable. Is the huge 'vitamin and herb' section of HEB. Everything naturally occurring whatever, that doesn't work for shit, can be sold. Bottles, bags, and even herbal bath soap. All with promises of cannabis, yet deliver nothing but the money out your hand.

However, if it works. It's schedule 1.
    So you don't buy that natural testosterone booster or natural stimulant free weight loss pills?

Hahaha. Our Feds are a huge joke.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I just walked in the kitchen to get a bottle the GF bought.

It's called rhodiola rosea. I have absolutely no clue why.

It says it's for energy and vitality. Seems to me it insinuates it's a natural form of 'speed'.

It's not banned so right off the bat you know it don't work for shit. The bottle is 3 months old and 95% full. The GF got ripped off.

If this household ran out of coffee. It'd be Baltimore in the living room. She'd be walking around with a sign. "Coffee beans matter"

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I just walked in the kitchen to get a bottle the GF bought.

It's called rhodiola rosea. I have absolutely no clue why.

It says it's for energy and vitality. Seems to me it insinuates it's a natural form of 'speed'.

It's not banned so right off the bat you know it don't work for shit. The bottle is 3 months old and 95% full. The GF got ripped off.
    Milk thistle extract is real. It helps your liver.

I buy probiotics and glucosamine and condroitin too. They work. Iron is good if you're anemic. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer and it can make you poop.

Unless a doctor tells you to try a supplement, it's a rip off.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    When I lived in Arizona I had a CWP. I also had been qualified for a MM card. Never sent in the MM paper work as I did not know if the state would take my CWP.

I never though about the 4473. Bought 8 firearms in AZ. Glad I never sent in the paperwork for the MMC.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    I've posted long and loud about what I believe is a plan to disallow pot users as gun owners and users.
    I don't know why you think it's just "a plan"; they've already said that if you use "legal" marijuana, you are federally barred from owning firearms. The ATF said this in 2011, in response to questions of "medicinal marijuana."

In 2011, the BATFE said this:
    “Any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether the state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition,” says Donna Sellers, a spokeswoman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

The relevant law is 18 USC 922(g):

"(g) It shall be unlawful for any person—
    (3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802))​
    to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce."

A lawsuit was filed in 2011 to challenge the BATFE's position, and last year the court ruled in favor of the ATF.
    https://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/nevada/nvdce/2:2011cv01679/83947/49

Now, the 2011 statement was, IIRC, before the elections that legalized marijuana for non-medicinal purposes in Colorado and Washington, but the underlying reasoning of the ATF's position remains the same. Marijuana is still illegal at the Federal level, whether a State legalizes it or not. It's still illegal at the Federal level, whether the State classifies it as "medicinal" or "recreational."

Form 4473 (what you fill out when you buy a gun) is a Federal form. And possessing or using marijuana is a Federal crime -- even if it's not a State crime.

That means that if you fill out form 4473, and you're a marijuana smoker, you have to answer "yes" to question 11 on 4473. And you are banned by federal law from owning firearms. Period.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Good post with lots of good information!

I feel that our people will view the state level legalization combined with Obama/Holder and their "decline to prosecute" statement as a blank check for the use of MJ. It is not a blank check, weed is still illegal under Federal law, penalties remain unchanged and its schedule ONE narcotics status has not changed one bit.

Penalties including loss of your ownership/purchase of firearms are unchanged.

Feds are luring unthinking pot smokers to losing their firearms rights for life! That is the "plan" I was referring to. If the Feds were sincere about "decriminalizing" Pot, that schedule ONE narcotic classification would be changed immediately!

Flash

Top Bottom