• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Research. I don't think any would be a wrong answer if that is what you want. I tend to research the the different calibers and look for things that interest me, see what the pros and cons are. Everyone's ideas and interest in what they want in a gun are different in many ways. Find out what interests you and then decide.
    DK Firearms

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Don't you reload? Can't remember who does, and doesn't. Anyway, if you do, why not something like a wildcat type, or a Wylde, cartridge? Something you can "play" with on two fronts.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Fiidqelh.jpg

I love my CMMG barrel & bolt upper. I recently changed the hand guard to an Aero Precision Atlas S-One, because I liked the one on my 5.56 pistol upper.

A couple of Black Dog Machine drums makes it even better!

Attachments

• Fiidqelh.jpg
      Fiidqelh.jpg
      150.2 KB · Views: 176

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm going to go with the Redi Mag adapter to use M&P 15-22 mags. I also think I'm going without a brace or receiver extension for now. If I decide I want one I can add it later.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A buddy of mine has a Colt 9mm SBR. He says the only thing it runs on reliably is Colt magazines. For that very reason I would be very reluctant to ever own a pistol caliber AR platform that uses the standard mag well.

The second MeanArms video was not very reassuring either.

When CMMG first unveiled their Banshee 5.7 I really thought I wanted one. Needless to say I like to wait a year & see if things work!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    20181220_232314.jpg

Ive had mine for about 6 months.... got them during the pre sale. I bought 3, ive got about 400 rounds in 2 of the mags & about 200-300 in the other mag. They work as advertised & havent had any problems yet. The only issue i had was one of them seemed to stick up a little taller in the receiver & would make pulling the bolt back a little "sticky". I took a razor blade & shaved down the top of the mag lips & wee bit & they all work with no problems.

Attachments

• 20181220_232314.jpg
      20181220_232314.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 240
    Last edited:

Old_Inspector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    I've built ARs from stripped lowers in .300 Blackout (rifle & pistol), .223 Remington/5.56 NATO (several), 6.5 Grendel and .450 Bushmaster. They all work reliably. You are limited only by what you imagine.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I built a 458 SOCOM last year. It was a fun project. It's something you def need to load for, as billets are around $2 for factory loads.

That was the challenging part. There is an art to loading for the 458. I ended up buying some mags from CMMG, as they modify them slightly for the 458. If you build one, let me know and we can shop on loading.

I bought the upper. Built the lower.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom