• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I feel bad for the boy and hope he is ok, but what ticks me off is... for the story about a BB gun, they (the media) head STRAIGHT to a gun shop in houston.
    (there is a short commercial, than the story)

TODAY Video Player

News
    Just a toy? Boy in rehab after BB gun mishap

Twelve-year-old Tommy Gallagher is recovering from the BB pellet lodged in his brain after his 9-year-old brother accidentally shot him, thinking the BB gun was broken. NBC’s Janet Shamlian reports.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    I figured that the BB had to enter through an extremely thin portion of bone, (like the Lacrimal bone in this case), but I'm amazed at the penetration. WTF kind of BB gun was it? Heck, I was shot with a BB gun as a kid that wouldn't even penetrate my T-shirt.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    saw this same story. it really pisses me off, the parents right off the bat start blaming the bb guns, saying they ought to be locked up and whatnot. for one scond, did they maybe even consider it was their fault to begin with?? if the dumbass parents would educate their kids about gun safety, all of this could have been avoided. does anybody take responsibility for their actions anymore?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    WTF kind of BB gun was it?

The bone behind the eye is extremely thin (you could easily break it by pushing your finger into it) and brain matter is actually very gelatainous (the ones you see in jars are preserved with a hardening agent). Also, some of the $100+ pellet guns start to approach to .22LR velocities, especially with light ammo.

Hope the boy is okay; too bad he apparently never saw A Christmas Story.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Lawn mowers are legal in all states and are not regulated by age. So are cars. You can be 8 years old and buy a car.

Not sure about that one boss, not in texas anyway, not legally. A person has to be 18 to have actual ownership over anything. I could be wrong, but i doubt it.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    My kids recently found my old BB Guns and have been taking them into the backyard to shoot. They both shoot well and have their own .22 rifles, so I have no problem with it. Just worried about the neighbors calling in. Looked at the city codes and airgun's are not allowed to be fired in city limits. Was going to make them a nice "shooting range" backstop (maybe 4ftX4ft so they could have several things setup) where they could setup cans and targets or whatever and have some fun practicing, but now wondering if that is kinda foolish, since they (and myself) could get in trouble for it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    When my brother was a kid, he was walking along with some idiot friends of his and one had a BB gun. He said, "Hey, look at this!" and when my brother turned to look, he shot him in the face. The pellet went in just below his eye and traveled for several inches up along his skull. He was extremely lucky not to lose and eye. My brother responded by taking the BB gun and giving the other kid a concussion with it. Some lady saw the whole thing and called the cops and e-squad, but those were different times and nobody went to jail or sued anybody. My brother pretty much qualified for a discount rate at the emergency room anyway, as a frequent guest.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Parents fault plain an simple it says on the side of the box "USE UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION" plus I remember when I got my first pellet gun my dad took me to a firearms safety course. I like how the reporter was in a gun store with a bunch of "assault weapons" behind her I laughed at the at4 tube, what on earth was that store owner thinking.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Parents fault plain an simple it says on the side of the box "USE UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION" plus I remember when I got my first pellet gun my dad took me to a firearms safety course. I like how the reporter was in a gun store with a bunch of "assault weapons" behind her I laughed at the at4 tube, what on earth was that store owner thinking.

also says "this is not a toy, misuse could result in injury or death"

do the math idiot parents....

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Tell me this: Why is it that every news place ALWAYS goes to Jim Pruett's? Why did they even let MSNBC in? I love Pruett's shop, bought my first AK and FFL'd my AR lower there, but seriously lol, ignore MSNBC! They blamed the gun, and not the parents for not teaching their kids gun safety, or common sense not to point guns at people and then shoot them. I've never seen BB guns for sale at pruett's. Maybe I wasn't paying attention...

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    I remember when I got shot with a bb gun. Some older kid that lived in the house behind ours started messing with me and my friends when were jumping on my trampoline. He then pulled out a bb gun and proceeded to wave it at us and threaten us. I told him to piss off and the little coward shoots me. The bb went in thru the middle of my left eyebrow and traveled up just under my temple. It was removed one month later. Then I won a settlement for ten thousand dollars. Then a few years later I sat on a computer and saw this thread and typed this reply.

Top Bottom