ARJ Defense ad

Feel the Bern? 32 hr. work week and more taxes for the rich!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Many of us are salaried and work well over 40 hours per week and I really don't see that being addressed, just hourly emplyoees. If my clients are just working 32 hours a week then I'll just twiddle my thumbs all day Friday? If you want to discuss your insurance or have questions with a claim, sorry...call back Mon-Thu? Most of my staff is offshore and that would be an incentive for companies to offshore more resources.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is nothing new. People have been arguing for less hours for a while now, along with more pay. It’s always the least productive arguing for it.
    People need to remember that if you were to average less the 32 hours in a work quarter they can cut your full time benefits, making you part time.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    People need to remember that if you were to average less the 32 hours in a work quarter they can cut your full time benefits, making you part time.
    From what a source told me they will have to change the 40 hr pr around to compensate so yeah more time and money spent to make it easier on today's cute little Generations.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    The late (and unlamented) Mr. Scaife used to say, "There is not a working man alive worth twenty-five cents an hour. Working men should work for a nickel a day, a twelve hour day, and lick the boss' boots....for the privilege of having a job."

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    They call them?

NURSES! (common for Nurses to work three 12hr days...)
    When I worked corrections we were supposed to work 4, 12 hr days with 3 days off. But, we were so understaffed that we had to sign a document committing to an additional 36 hours per month OT. In reality, I've gone weeks with no day off. You'd get a call EVERY day your were supposed to be off, begging you to come in. If you didn't say yes to a bunch of those calls, you could expect the "excrement" details when you were there.
    Even with overworking the employees that much, we still had to work two and sometimes 3 stations. I can't imagine how a place like that would deal with a 32hr cap.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    We do 4 days a week on every other week and its pretty nice but I dont see how that can be applied across the board.
    That would be nice. Son works 3x12 one week then 4x12 the next week and really enjoys that schedule though it still averages over 40 hours. But having 4 days or 3 days off each week is a benefit.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    That would be nice. Son works 3x12 one week then 4x12 the next week and really enjoys that schedule though it still averages over 40 hours. But having 4 days or 3 days off each week is a benefit.
    Yea I do 50-55 hours a week these days. Back when I was an engineer on execution teams (software), Id do all my work quickly and then sit around. Barely worked 40 hours but I am good at what I do which helped me to achieve that down time

Now I am on the planning side but still an engineer, more money but more work for sure.

The day off is great and I wish I only had to do 4 days every week. I am sure it will continue to move in that direction

Top Bottom