• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Ok, I bought something online and had it shipped to a local FFL.
    He took delivery of the product on 9-14-12.
    I have tried calling, texting, leaving voice mails, sent e-mails from his own website and sent him PM's on the forum I found him on...all to no avail.
    The only contact I've had with him was over text to set up the transfer and then a few days later to ask what the transfer fee was.
    I've met the guy before and bought two guns from him so I had no reason not to doubt him as he has always been on the up and up.

How would you handle this?
    Would you contact the police in that city or what?

This is a first for me and I'm not sure how to proceed.
    Thanks for your advice in advance!

-MM218
    Capitol Armory ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    May be a little early for involving authorities. Can you make a person to person visit to his place of business? At least notify him that continued avoidance may lead to more serious steps taken on your part.

You could always send out a USPS Certified letter requesting verification that he got it. Then if it got serious, you would have paperwork already in hand.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    His shop is a small office inside a self storage location with a gated entrance that required a code to get in.
    Plus, that's just where he has all his stuff. He isn't there on a regular basis. If I went by there and he was also there I think I'd buy a lottery ticket on my way home.

I like the certified letter idea.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Gets the paper trail going.
    Keep copious notes on all phone calls, texts, etc. as well as all attempts of same. Then if you take it to a Justice of the Peace. (or the ATF down the road) you'll have something you can give them (copies).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    What did you buy????

I'd play a dirty. Call the cops will a welfare concern. tell them your friends with this guy and he's not where he's been. You fear for his health. have them check the place. It's not uncommon for the cops to have a master code to get in gates. Especially gated apartments. make sure to ask for a call back on the welfare check.

If he's ok...cool. If he's not...you found the problem.

For all you know he's laying on the floor, tittie up.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I've bought directly from him twice, no transfer.
    Once at his shop and once at a gun show so I had no reason not to trust him to follow through.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    What did you buy????

I'd play a dirty. Call the cops will a welfare concern. tell them your friends with this guy and he's not where he's been. You fear for his health. have them check the place. It's not uncommon for the cops to have a master code to get in gates. Especially gated apartments

If he's ok...cool. If he's not...you found the problem.

For all you know he's laying on the floor, tittie up.
    Just a couple stripped AR lowers.
    In as long as I haven't heard from him he would have been found by now and more than likely that phone line terminated.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Just a couple stripped AR lowers.
    In as long as I haven't heard from him he would have been found by now and more than likely that phone line terminated.

You never know...."he might be dead"....there's no harm in checking on your friend...

There's always the first person to find the body.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    They would have smelled him by now if he was dead... WHO IS THIS FFL?

Not really. Some guy murdered his mom then shot himself in Moody Tx. After two weeks someone sent flowers. They noticed blow flies all over the place.

This guy and his mom looked like rotten raisins. He bloated then deflated. No smell till you opened the door. I did the crime scene sketch. And that BS about smearing crap under your nose to block the smell.

DOES NOT WORK. It stinks like nothing else, but dead human being. Nothing smells like it. No animal, no nothing. Human being. It's kinda got a "sweet" tinge to it.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I'd rather not post his name just yet until I get this all sorted out and find out exactly why I haven't been able to get a hold I him.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'd rather not post his name just yet until I get this all sorted out and find out exactly why I haven't been able to get a hold I him.
    No offense but I never get why some get screwed by a dealer and then never want to mention their name. Whether you get your gun or not he has kept it from you for almost 2 weeks....Thats BS. By telling us about it and not telling us who it is makes members here run the risk of being a victim as well.

Why the secrecy?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Not really. Some guy murdered his mom then shot himself in Moody Tx. After two weeks someone sent flowers. They noticed blow flies all over the place.

This guy and his mom looked like rotten raisins. He bloated then deflated. No smell till you opened the door. I did the crime scene sketch. And that BS about smearing crap under your nose to block the smell.

DOES NOT WORK. It stinks like nothing else, but dead human being. Nothing smells like it. No animal, no nothing. Human being. It's kinda got a "sweet" tinge to it.

Been around lots of dead bodies in houses. Vapo rub under your nose is better than nothing.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Been around lots of dead bodies in houses. Vapo rub under your nose is better than nothing.

You can't borrow with a few spare SCBAs from the FD? Every department has a few spare masks and several spare bottles. It's worth a try if you have to stay any longer than a few minutes.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    He actually just e-mailed me.
    Odd timing don't you think?

I didn't want to put him on blast just his case he had a legitimate reason or being so hard to get a hold of.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Shreveport LA
    Maybe I have been an investigator too long but something does not smell right here. If he is working out of a storage unit with controled gates, how does the guns get delivered to him? What about the office personnel being there to rent units, they can give info about the guy if he is running a business from their storage unit. If he has a FFL, he has to have open access to the government examiners. There are other things that make this dealer stink. The only way it could get worse is for him to work out of a white van along Main Street during late night hours.

Stick with using store locations in the future.

Top Bottom