• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Recently picked up a pair of FIE .22 Revolvers, Both had issues but I have been able to make a complete one from both. Now I am working on the 2nd. I am looking for a rear sight,(dovetail type) as well as a Hand and Hand Spring. I have checked all the usual places, numrich etc. and they do not list the parts I need. Any ideas or anyone have a parts gun?

Currently I have spent a couple hours making a hand, but am unable to get it to cycle the cylinder reliably. I believe that it may be a problem with the spring but have been unable to bend it so that it holds the hand out when hammer back and keep the hand clear of the cylinder when the hammer is forward. So, anyone local to Austin have experience working on these?

The two guns are identical in their parts. One is a FIE Mod E15 the other a Tanfoglio. Anyone know of an idea of what other gun is the "same" parts wise that I may be able to find parts for? The intent is to get them both working and put them into a presentation case so they will not be fired often (if at all) other than to test my work. One has a brass body the other is metal. Polish, duracoat and gold inlay will be used to complete the finish on both once I get them working.

Any Suggestions???
    Capitol Armory ad

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Honestly these were very cheep imports and aren't worth much effort at all unless they have sentimental value.

Academy Sports has a nice Heritage Rough Rider .22lr for around $180 that may save you some time and money.

0356-01160-0001-000-c2.jpg

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^ i have one of those.

the safety bar broke. looked as though ti was made of compressed metallic dust like a bicycle or something. i just lockt-ited it in the off position to keep it from turning on at the wrong moment, since i keep an empty chamber under the hammer it isn't a big deal. otherwise awesome revolver. i dunno about those FIE's

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    They are inexpensive (or cheep), and not something I would rely upon. However, as a learning tool they have been great (hard to feel bad when you break a $10 gun). When I picked them up one had a broken hand grip (JB weld and Dura Coat fix), it also needed a new push rod spring (modified one from my parts box). Unable to find a quick fix for the rear sight, nor do I have a bit of metal that I could file to make one (though I am looking). Did make the hand from another piece in the parts box (though I have not got it 100 percent right).

When I saw them both, I immediately thought they would look nice hanging in a presentation box on the wall. One is brass the other metal so they would both match and contrast at the same time. I am however very OCD so I would/will keep at it until I get them right..

This will end up being $20 of guns where I spend $40 on a case a few more dollars in various parts, $20 in refinishing/cleaning products and about $200 worth of time for something that new would be worth $50 each?

Wolfwood, should you find another or decide to retire yours, let me know.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    have you looked at a heat sink? you can find them in an old computer. basically a block of aluminum sometimes cut in such away to increase surface area. i should be a nice chunk you can cut to size for a rear sight if you are 'aiming' to fabricate one.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    have you looked at a heat sink? you can find them in an old computer. basically a block of aluminum sometimes cut in such away to increase surface area. i should be a nice chunk you can cut to size for a rear sight if you are 'aiming' to fabricate one.

DAM!!!!! excellent idea, so now I do not need to buy a rear site. TY Wolfwood. Now which computer can I scrap to get that piece...LOL

I do have access to a few items that may have exactly that, I will have to look. One down... now anyone else on the others?

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Ty for the help, going to Bob's now (on line of course) and did find a heat sink. However, anyone else who has any ideas,,, feel free to put them up. May not help me but it surly will help someone...

Again, thanks guys..

Top Bottom