• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ETX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Texarkana
    Okay so after a lot of research, questions, and time I think I've got my final contenders (GSG and S&W)..but I would like some final opinions on these 3 guns before I make my decision in the morning.

Thanks,

ETX
    Venture Surplus ad

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Whatever you do, don't make a derision. Look that one up--would be bad.

I've put a couple hundred rounds through the SR-22 and it was a simple joy to shoot. Have not ever seen or shot the others on your list.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Okay so after a lot of research, questions, and time I think I've got my final contenders (GSG and S&W)..but I would like some final opinions on these 3 guns before I make my derision in the morning.

Thanks,

ETX

Alright, I'll be the nay-sayer because I'm good at it...

Don't get a tacticool .22. They're fine, I guess, but for accuracy and reliability, they can't match guns like the Ruger Mk I/II/III/22-45 or Browning Buckmark.

IMO, if you're going to buy a .22 pistol, let form follow function, not the other way around. You'll be happier in the end.

ETX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Texarkana
    If you look at my other thread (SR22 vs. P22) you'll understand why I won't spend the money on any MK series pistol and if you don't feel like going back to that one I'll explain it one more time. I don't have the best eyes in the world, I've shot the MK II and MK III and the Colt Woodsman but I'm horribly inaccurate with them because I can't work with the sights..I'm not sure if this is because I'm used to the 3 dot configuration of "tacticool" guns like my Taurus Millinium Pro .45 and Glock 19 both of which I've put 3000+ rounds through or what but even after putting 2000 rounds through both the 2 MK series pistols and the Woodsman I was barely getting any kind of grouping.

Anyways I got a chance to get my hands on both the GSG and M&P yesterday thanks to a family friend and I think my final choice might have to be the GSG 1911-22. Not to happy about the $35 magazine price but eh not that big of a deal few oddjobs can cover that easily.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Have not shot either of the other two options you have listed but I do own a SR22 and its a fun little gun to practice and plink with.

Top Bottom