Finally bought a ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by ussoldier1984, Apr 12, 2017.

1. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I agree with your last two sentences. I opt for the BX-15s and the standard 10rd mags.

2. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Man it looks like I am going to have to break down and finally get myself a 10/22. I have several .22 rifles but not one 10/22.

3. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 Well-Known

"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun." -Bill Ruger

I don't know if that oft-repeated quote is genuine or internet myth but for the decades Ruger made only 10 round mags aftermarket mags made huge sense. They were often unreliable.

All the factory mags I have seem to work great.

The 15 round is my sweet spot, being easy to engage and un-engage from the reciever without hanging down and getting in the way.

I'm one of the guys who's replaced all the parts including the receiver to the point nothing came from ruger.

With that said I feel the one critical after-market part to buy to enhance accuracy is the trigger group.
    With the right ammo I've gotten sub-1" at 50 yards out of the basic thin factory barrel. Few of us need better.

4. Kar98

Kar98 Active Member

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Genuine Bill Ruger, in a 1992 interview with Tom Brokaw. Also “I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20- or 30-round mags or my folding stock.”, and if he was still alive, I'd never send a nickel towards his company.

5. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    And this [emphasis on bolded material added by me], I believe, is why Ruger finally started offering their own upgraded trigger pack. Because for MOST folks, that's the only upgrade they'll ever really need. Why let someone else make that money?