Join TexasGunTalk

Finally! City Leaders Display Wisdom in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by gdr_11, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Big Green

Big Green I Eat Crayons. YUT! TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Show off.

Yep, that’s pretty crazy. And I’m sure the university police, like here, make traffic stops on public roads.

And what about the overhead? How many people filling the same position at different departments that could be consolidated? How much would that save us?

Maybe a county sheriff with outposts all over the county? Maybe, just maybe, a very limited PD for city limits. All “tactical” stuff handled by SO.

I’d love to take a stroll through the US would a few of the Founding Fathers. It would be enlightening and heartbreaking.

Axxe55, TX OMFS and jordanmills like this.
  2. gdr_11

gdr_11 Well-Known

Aug 1, 2014
    This is exactly what caused the Floyd situation. The elected city officials all owe their positions to the campaign funding from the unions, including the Police union. Therefore, incompetants like the guy who kneeled on Floyd's neck, probably should have been canned years ago, but the union was successful in keeping him on the job despite all of the previous complaints and the lack of adequate investigations. I work with public agencies all over the country as a consultant and you cannot believe the low level of competence in most city and county government organizations/

3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I can. Also, most municipalities classify public safety personnel as employees instead of municipal officers/officials so they can avoid the additional cost and liability burdens.

seeker_two and Axxe55 like this.
  4. Coop45

Coop45 Well-Known

Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Sounds like the post office.

5. Coop45

Coop45 Well-Known

Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Well, there are alot of aggies down there.

6. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You both forgot TABC.
    Not even going to attempt to list Travis County.

seeker_two, Big Green and toddnjoyce like this.
  7. Big Green

Big Green I Eat Crayons. YUT! TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Forgot about them.

The University police doing traffic stops is one of the bigger things that irritates me.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  8. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    You got it.

9. tonelar

tonelar Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    political move

they’ll prolly disband the dept and instate one where enforcment is strictly under democratic control... it’ll be a shit show

10. Fishkiller

Fishkiller Active Member TGT Supporter

Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I can believe the low level of competence. In my life it seems that the C- and D+ students in high school are are the current crop of politicians. Not the best and brightest.