• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Finally... My AR is complete. After years of contemplating on finishing this thing, I finally got around to buying the accessories I've been wanting to put on this rifle.

RRA AR-15 w/ ARMS S.I.R. Rail System, Eotech 512 w/ LaRue Tactical QD mount, GG&G Eotech Lens Cover, Surefire M900A (Clone), Aimpoint 3x Magnifier (Clone) w/ QD Mount

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

Through Aimpoint 3x Magnifier & Eotech 512
    IMG_4330.jpg

Through Eotech 512
    IMG_4332_2.jpg

Also, completed my GSG-5 setup.
    GSG-5 w/ CA B&T MP5 Folding Stock & Aimpoint Comp M2 (Clone)
    IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Both look great man! Just curious but, is that B&T mp5 stock an actual Mp5 stock, or is it proprietary for the Gsg5? Man I really want one of those Gsg5's. ;)

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    good looking rifles brother how do you like that magnifier and where did ya get er i need to pick on up and that one looks pretty good from what i could tell

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Both look great man! Just curious but, is that B&T mp5 stock an actual Mp5 stock, or is it proprietary for the Gsg5? Man I really want one of those Gsg5's. ;)

The beauty of .22LR. It's actually an airsoft stock. I recieved the tips and advise from some threads on the AR15.com boards and everyone was using airsoft accessories successfully. Here's the one in particular that I purchased for mine.

CA B&T MP5 Stock: $75.00 (Compared to the real deal $150+)
    http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=598&products_id=2612

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    good looking rifles brother how do you like that magnifier and where did ya get er i need to pick on up and that one looks pretty good from what i could tell

I was pleasantly suprised about the 3x magnifier clone. As you know, the real aimpoint 3x magnifier costs around $400 or so, but this clone was only $70+ s/h. The clarity was very decent and worth the $300+ saved. It comes with a decent QD mount and I'm totally satisfied with the product. Was purchased from www.ebaybanned.com .

Direct Link:
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=899

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The beauty of .22LR. It's actually an airsoft stock. I recieved the tips and advise from some threads on the AR15.com boards and everyone was using airsoft accessories successfully. Here's the one in particular that I purchased for mine.

CA B&T MP5 Stock: $75.00 (Compared to the real deal $150+)
    http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=598&products_id=2612

Hahahahahahaha lol that's sweet. I actually have several airsoft Mp5's. I'll probably throw my airsoft Mp5k PDW stock on one when I get it. Yeah, I remember seeing a thread, probably on HKPro, where someone fully disassembled the gun and took detailed pictures of all the components. The stock, split in half, actually looks very similar to airsoft mp5 stocks. Enough so at least that you would almost think they were practically built on the same molds. Did the airsoft stock require any modification?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So is that stock sturdy enough? Any modifications needed? I've been thinking about pimping mine out. Then again the trust should be ready soon & I'll spending my hard earned on better stuff!

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Surprisingly, the stock is definitely sturdy enough, especially if it's only shooting .22lr . The whole setup feels solid and it's the same length as the full stock that it comes with. I actually think it feels better than the full stock that came with it. Now, I also just recieved a new POF A3 retractable stock that I'm going to put on my CA94 when it comes in and I tried it on the GSG-5, but no luck.

As far as modifications to the CA B&T, none needed. As long as you buy the CA B&T stock, no mods at all. You take out the original full stock and slip on the B&T and you're done. It's a nice snug fit so there's no creaking or any movement at all.

Top Bottom