• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Last week I got my GSSF certificate and went to GT Distributors and bought my new G23 RTF with fish gills. The guy even let me pick out a nifty Serial number. This thing is only 6 days old. It was the blue label with 3 mags and all shiny new and mine. Off to Cabela’s tomorrow to pick up the Lee dies for the 40 S&W and I will be set. Dang what a good day.
    Hurley's Gold

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Last week I got my GSSF certificate and went to GT Distributors and bought my new G23 RTF with fish gills. The guy even let me pick out a nifty Serial number. This thing is only 6 days old. It was the blue label with 3 mags and all shiny new and mine. Off to Cabela’s tomorrow to pick up the Lee dies for the 40 S&W and I will be set. Dang what a good day.

Isn't GTs great?? Great service....lots of stuff in stock. I was there yesterday and it was a zoo but every employee was still smiling and full of knowledge. I love that place

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I was there yesterday and it was a zoo but every employee was still smiling and full of knowledge.
    Yeah, what was the deal with that? Is it always like that? Yesterday was the first time I had been into GTs and I couldn't even look around because of the crowd.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Yeah, what was the deal with that? Is it always like that? Yesterday was the first time I had been into GTs and I couldn't even look around because of the crowd.
    No, not at all....it was an annual Presidents Day sale...and they had a bunch of used trade-in guns on display. They had done a big email and direct mail ad blitz over the past month. I go there regularly and have never seen anything like that.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    They had a case full of trade in glock 20 and 21 s for about $300 each. And yes, yesterday was the most crowded I have ever seen the place.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    They had a case full of trade in glock 20 and 21 s for about $300 each. And yes, yesterday was the most crowded I have ever seen the place.
    Typically their Glock trade ins go from $309 to $329 depending on condition. Yesterday ALL of the full size Gen 3 Glocks were gone by 9 am and all they had left was a bunch Gen 2 stuff and a couple baby Glocks. There was lots of other firearms though. An associate I went with bought 2 guns. As I waited for my number to be called I saw all 3 guns I was eyeballing get bought...seemed like everyone was walking out with 2 or 3 guns....it was wild. All I ended up getting was a S&W knife...
    One of the few times I have ever been there without buying a gun.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I missed that sale. I am on the email list and they usually send out flyers. Maybe I missed it. Congrats to everybody who picked up some hardware.
    It can be a zoo in there and do not expect to get in and out real quick on any day. Since it has been opened up to all comers (formerly it was LE/oublic service only), it is packed every time I go there. More tire kickers than anything else.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Robin,

Congrats on the new purchase!

Darn, I had other business in the area and I was at GT Monday afternoon, and to agree with the other posters, my first visit and it was very crowded! But a good place, good prices on ammo, etc.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Robin,

Congrats on the new purchase!

Darn, I had other business in the area and I was at GT Monday afternoon, and to agree with the other posters, my first visit and it was very crowded! But a good place, good prices on ammo, etc.

Thanks Ranger60,
    HMMM I got there around 2:30 and they waited on me in less than 3 min. I was out of there before Mopac became a parking lot. Learned one thing their ammo is a heck of alot cheaper than Academy almost $5.00 a box cheaper.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    It took 1.5 hours before they called my number and I knew what I wanted before I drove over. I thought about waiting until Wednesday when I'm off next, but didn't know what their inventory level was on the Gen 4 Glock 17's. It was worth the wait. They processed the paperwork and installed Trijicon night sights in nothing flat.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    If you come to Cabela's there is a good place to get that Glock refinished in Buda past Cabela's on the access road a mile or so on the same side. Sites installed, whatever... www.selpharms.com is the website

He uses Cerakote and has samples of the work in the case too...

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    If you come to Cabela's there is a good place to get that Glock refinished in Buda past Cabela's on the access road a mile or so on the same side. Sites installed, whatever... www.selpharms.com is the website

He uses Cerakote and has samples of the work in the case too...

Thanks for link. Had no idea they were there. Like to have OD green ditgital type of thing on a Glock.

bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I went to gt's on friday to look around. I ended up buying a Glock 22 gen 3 with the light rail for $309. They Sales guy said they were not discounting the glocks anymore on monday. They were just pulling out all of the extra ones from the back.

Gt's also carrys Glock Replacement parts. You have to ask at the sales guys but thay hame most replacement parts in the back.

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Congrats on your purchase. I work a block away from GT and I go there almost every day. Walked out of there Monday with a used 12 Ga. shotgun for $99.99.

Top Bottom