Join TexasGunTalk

Finger prints and photo

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by Guy Fawkes, May 11, 2018.

1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Converse
    I did my trust and got my tax stamp in the time before the requirement of finger prints and self photo. If I go to the ATF site and fill out the form for another tax stamp, can I attach images of my finger prints and self photo to the form? Is that all I have to do?

2. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Tbd.
    I think that's an easy no. For me and a form 4 as an individual I know each request needs new passport pics and finger print cards. If the trust rules are now like an individual then I'm pretty sure that won't fly.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Converse
    I have a trust. That is how I got my tax stamp to make a sbr. So I print out a form 1, fill it out and mail it in. I get fingerprints and photos of myself and who ever else is listed on the trust and mail a copy to the local Police department, right?

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Tbd.
    Yes. You said so yourself regarding prints and pics. You said you got yours just in time, before the requirements of prints and pics. My experience has been for each time a person wants to buy or mod something per nfa rules, each time requires a new set. Even if you think it might be a short cut my advice is don't. I say that cause I hear stories all the time about rejections over errors. Be it a missing date or it could be they don't like a copy of said pics or prints. I'm just saying if you give em new each time they have no reason to deny you.

As for my form 4, Leo sign off was no longer needed. There is a spot on the back for who that is, ie for me its my Sherrif. They just mail being notified of your approval. If its the form copy or something else I don't know. But no, you don't need their signature.

My experience is all form 4. So by all means I'm not trying to say I know it all. I just figure for how long we wait, why give them a reason?

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Converse
    Is there finger print cards I can buy?

6. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Tbd.
    Just go to your local pd and ask them for the service. Most agencies are using electronic scanners. They will print on what the atf calls a standard fbi type card. My local pd only charged me like 15 bucks I think for multiple sets. :)

7. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Converse
    Thanks for the help

8. Joshua - Capitol Armory

Joshua - Capitol Armory Member Forum Sponsor

Feb 10, 2015
    I'm not sure if it's unclear wording, or the process listed is incorrect. The ATF needs two copes of the Form 1, copies of the responsible parties forms (5320.23), trust, photos, and fingerprints. The CLEO needs the CLEO copy (on the bottom of the form 1 and 23.) It's substantially more work that pre-41F forms.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...-and-register-firearm-atf-form-53201/download

and

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...ponsible-person-questionnaire-532023/download (one of these for every responsible party on the trust.)

9. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Tbd.
    A dealer did my form 4. Is it safe to say the dealer sent that info to my sherrif or was it the atf?

10. Joshua - Capitol Armory

Joshua - Capitol Armory Member Forum Sponsor

Feb 10, 2015
    Well, it's different forms for both parties. The sheriff needs the CLEO marked 5320.04 and .23. (They don't get prints, trust, etc.) The ATF needs the ATF copy 1 and 2 .04s and .23s, with prints, photos, and trust. If a dealer did all the work I would assume that they sent the forms to the correct people.