• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Everyone who carries should go through sims training.

I disagree. Everyone who owns a gun and is willing to ever use it for self-defense should go through sims training. Carry or not, if you consider yourself willing to ever point a gun at another human being in self-defense, then you should have this kind of experience.

Plus, it looks awful damn fun.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Seems definitely like good training albeit, the fear factor will never be the same as in situ.

It's learning what not to do by negative reinforcement. These things hurt worse than your average paintball, even with the safety gear on. Obviously you're not gonna be in fear for your life for it, but it helps you build muscle memory of what not to do (your mind remembers pain reactions, even minor ones, more than a lot of people think).

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I've never done it, if "it" refers to either being in combat or training at a facility like this. I didn't imply in any way that it was a superflous form of training. I only stated that nothing can prepare you for the moment you know someone is actively trying to take your life, other than that moment.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I've never done it, if "it" refers to either being in combat or training at a facility like this. I didn't imply in any way that it was a superflous form of training. I only stated that nothing can prepare you for the moment you know someone is actively trying to take your life, other than that moment.

Police departments and the military would disagree.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    You're single, you should have money.

If you want, I can throw ketchup packets at you at lunch this Friday while yelling "pew! pew! pew!"

I've had alot of stuff to pay for around the house lately. Getting truck fixed up, stuff for garden, etc. Kinda sucks, cuz I live with a married couple and the breadwinner in that one doesn't seem to want to buy jack shit for the house so I'm the one that gets the guilt trip from his wife (she's practically my sister though). It's almost like I spend like I'm half married >< Hopefully he gets this new job that will come with a hefty raise soon and I can start guilt tripping him into helping monetarily around the house.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom