• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Well I did it!!!! I walked into the Store and said "Sir gimmi the biggest GAT you have"

Actually I did'nt say that, I politely asked about his preference in the glass case. I had my eye on the XD 9mm SC for some time and I GOT IT. Im sorry for such a post but I had to tell someone and im not about to call my parents or friends(who are not into guns) and blab about how it was meant to be and all that. Im currently lookin for an instructor as well as a Holster. I have to start skimming alot of the earlier threads on here for advice on gear for it, I know theres alot. Im thinking about the Range tomorrow. The AR might come with me too

From the bottom of my heart I want to send a warm thank you to all NRA members, esteemed congressmen and activists who helped insure that the average joe can make the decision to purchase a recreational and defensive firearm. Everyday they're trying to find a way to take the right from us. Because great citizens like Texans are out there, I realized the joy and excitement of purchasing my first handgun today...

I also want to thank Texas Gun Talk , that goes out to the forum mods, sponsors, and members for the deluge of info, advice, and for just bein a Texan. THANK YOU
    Guns International

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    congrats!
    had a chance to take it to the range yet?
    i got my first a few weeks ago, and finally got to post about it a few minutes ago.
    you went with the XD super compact eh?
    the 9 mm or the 40?

EDIT!!
    oh you said the 9mm hehe. my bad

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Well, you are definately among friends here. Lots of knowledge on here regardless of what you need help with.

But I am going to tell you, that you have made a huge mistake buying your first handgun. Its just going to make you want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    great gun, have one myself

G19XD9_filtered.jpg

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    HAHA MaxPower, that name "MaxPower" stayed on the spine of my binder in highschool... it rings with power...

That grip extension was the first piece I thought of and i suspect I'll get it before I leave the states.
    Okierifleman, your right, I've also wanted a Colt 1911 GI for some time as well. I need to fire one first.
    As for my next purchase maybe a 1300 winchester 12 guage or Mossy 500 who knows but I will be petting my XD for some time. thanks

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    congrats, i remember that feeling. i walked in Academy one evening in Feb07 with my dad. we went straight to the gun case and I pointed to the Heritage Manufacturing single action .22 revolver with the fiber optic front sight ive been eyeing for a month or so. i was in 8th grade. my dad bought it and i paid him back the $200. it has killed a few coyotes, javelinas and many a rabbits and rattlers.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    It's a nice feeling holding your handgun for the first time.!! It's even better when you take it out and shoot it!!!

Top Bottom