First NFA item - now the waiting begins!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Another excellent reason to hate you and your oogly horse too!

Grats, bringing it to Hicksville? :-)

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Dunno, yet....mebbe several, from the sounds of it.<G>

There are choices for ya besides 1) 1911 2) different 1911 3) third 1911 or4) 1911 you haven't bought yet? :p

Might I recommend an H&K? The HK45 Tactical just came out recently and has been calling my name. I already have a pair of USP Tacticals and an Osprey :D Wish the Octane 45 were out when I was shopping last summer, though. That nearly 6-month wait bites ya in the arse when new tech comes out.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    The trust covers ownership of them all, but each individual item needs to be registered under the NFA with the ATF so yes, an application needs to be filed and a tax stamp paid or each item. I've got five of them (three still pending), meaning that in addition to the cost of setting up my trust, I've also spent $1000 in tax stamps to the government for all of them.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    The trust covers ownership of them all, but each individual item needs to be registered under the NFA with the ATF so yes, an application needs to be filed and a tax stamp paid or each item. I've got five of them (three still pending), meaning that in addition to the cost of setting up my trust, I've also spent $1000 in tax stamps to the government for all of them.

Thanks for the info.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There are choices for ya besides 1) 1911 2) different 1911 3) third 1911 or4) 1911 you haven't bought yet? :p

Might I recommend an H&K? The HK45 Tactical just came out recently and has been calling my name. I already have a pair of USP Tacticals and an Osprey :D Wish the Octane 45 were out when I was shopping last summer, though. That nearly 6-month wait bites ya in the arse when new tech comes out.

I have an HK .45 Tactical & an HK .40 Tactical to use with my .45 Osprey.....just change out the piston for each caliber & it can be used on a 9mm as well. I have a threaded Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G22 in 9mm also.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    :cool:
    I have an HK .45 Tactical & an HK .40 Tactical to use with my .45 Osprey.....just change out the piston for each caliber & it can be used on a 9mm as well. I have a threaded Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G22 in 9mm also.

As slong as you don't mind having a long and heavy ass can hanging off your little 9mm.....:cool:

Top Bottom