First Sioux to Receive Medal of Honor

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Every time I read a story of a MOH recipient and their actions to be awarded such an honor, I am beside myself in awe at the sheer braveness of these people. Unfortunately it seems some have received the award far too late. If there is one group of individuals that "clank" when they walk, it's MOH recipients! ;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
The men that earned the MoH deserve more than a piece of metal and some ribbon in my opinion. What's even more sad is the fact that he had to "hawk" his medals to some collector to afford to live. We should take better care of our vets.

zembonez

TGT Addict
Feb 22, 2008
Republic of Texas
The men that earned the MoH deserve more than a piece of metal and some ribbon in my opinion. What's even more sad is the fact that he had to "hawk" his medals to some collector to afford to live. We should take better care of our vets.
I could not agree more with this statement.

We need to reward those who have served so that the rest of us can walk freely through the streets instead of handing out Government checks to those who choose not to get off of their ass and participate.

The tail has wagged the dog long enough if you ask me.

drricktx

Feb 25, 2008
San Marcos, TX
Vets

I'm a Vietnam Disabled Vet but I'm almost ashamed to say so. I spent 2 months in a VA hospital after I got out of Nam for agent orange problems. Since then I've been healthy as a horse. Many vets were not so lucky.

A hunting buddy of mine from San Marcos turned out to be a real shocker to me. I've known him for 28 years and we've tipped many a glass together. It wasn't until we were at the deer lease...just the two of us around the campfire...drinking a little too much Jack and water...when he divulged that he held 2 Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star. I doubt more than a handfull of people outside of his immediate family even know this. He never talks about it. I've found that most of the guys that brag about their military service probably spent all of it stateside behind a typewriter.

So here's to all the Veterans everywhere...from any era....thanks for a job well done.
Rick

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Thank you sir for your service to our country. This is one young person that is not clueless (like so many are these days unfortunately) and has great respect for the sacrifices you've made.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm a Vietnam Disabled Vet but I'm almost ashamed to say so.
Nothing dishonorable about serving your country, it's certainly more than I can say for myself. Bear in mind that most deaths in the wars before antibiotics, rapid transport, and medics were caused by disease. Those men are still honorable because it is about your actions, not medals. Anyone that believes you should be shameful for being disabled should be beaten for their treasonous tongue.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
Feb 23, 2008
San Antonio
Nothing dishonorable about serving your country, it's certainly more than I can say for myself. Bear in mind that most deaths in the wars before antibiotics, rapid transport, and medics were caused by disease. Those men are still honorable because it is about your actions, not medals. Anyone that believes you should be shameful for being disabled should be beaten for their treasonous tongue.
+1
They should be beaten with their OWN treasonous tongue!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member