• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Powder check die is great if you have space for it on your progressive press, but a good light works really well too. Walmart sells cheap little gooseneck lights that you can put a bright bulb in, clip onto the press body, and you're up and running.

Found a hunk of plastic in the powder.

How about a beetle just the size of the powder drop opening? He was nicely coated in graphite and very shiny from his trip through the factory. That punk just happened to make it into my jug of Titegroup, powder check die caught the first case where he blocked the drop, took a little while to figure it out but I found him.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    How about a beetle just the size of the powder drop opening? He was nicely coated in graphite and very shiny from his trip through the factory. That punk just happened to make it into my jug of Titegroup, powder check die caught the first case where he blocked the drop, took a little while to figure it out but I found him.

Now that is a new one. Would not have expected that.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Too much room in a case and the right powder and boom.

That's true. The powder in a tiny load doesn't burn at its designed rate and simply explodes. KB coming right up!

Flash

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Too much room in a case and the right powder and boom.

That's true. The powder in a tiny load doesn't burn at its designed rate and simply explodes. KB coming right up!

Flash

That's why most manuals also publish minimums now, especially for slow powders like H110 used in large cases.Flashover and KBs, trouble in either direction

Top Bottom