Target Sports

First time buyer. Springfield 1911-a1 or a glock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Just go off the phone with SA. It's a custom. They did not have the exact spec sheet anymore. It was built 3/97. They said I can send them some pics and they will have one of the custom guys look and give me some more details.

Going to go and try getting it today.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Just go off the phone with SA. It's a custom. They did not have the exact spec sheet anymore. It was built 3/97. They said I can send them some pics and they will have one of the custom guys look and give me some more details.

Going to go and try getting it today.

.45 Super is a custom modification done by either the aftermarket, or perhaps done factory by special request. All it entails is that the gun is rated for .45 Super ammo. Meaning it will shoot .45 Super, which is .45 ACP with just a stronger case and higher pressures.

The only thing you will need to change out is the recoil spring. It will not be optimal for a .45 ACP load. Order a 16# recoil spring from Wolff and away you go.

If you want to shoot .45 Super you will need to obtain .45 Super brass, and simply load it with the required amount of powder, large pistol primer, and a .451 diameter bullet (standard .45 bullet). You can even use .45 ACP dies to reload it since the .45 Super round has the same dimensions.

bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    When I was on the phone with SA they said get a 16-18.5. I went to mcbrides on my way home and they had a 17 in stock.

On a side note those guys at mcbrides are not friendley. I wont go there unless I have no other choice.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    You can shoot ACP out of it all day if the spring isn't heavy. Hard to pass on a custom Springfield for $450.

Just make sure that you don't fire super out of it if you have changed the springs to the lighter ones for 45 acp. If it has the heaver super springs in it, it may not cycle with 45 acp (one way to tell).

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I trust my kimber 1911 to look good everytime I take it outta safe and show to my freinds and take it to the range for some good accurate shooting. I trust my Glock 23 with my life and the life of my loved ones and friends.

Top Bottom