• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hit the lake, bagged Red Drum. A friend is requesting some fish tacos. Anyone have a rocking fish taco recipe? Or their recipe of choice for fresh fishes/Red?

ETA: skin and scales still on the fillet
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I recreate the Torchy's Baja Shrimp Tacos using fried fish:

Hand-battered fried shrimp (fish) with
    cabbage slaw topped with pickled jalapeños &
    onions, queso fresco, cilantro & a wedge of
    lime. Served with Chipotle Sauce on your
    choice of tortilla.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So. I like to take the fish. Salt pepper, lemon zest, chop up a roast hatch peppers, add oil I like grape seed. Create a paste or lumpy Sauce.

Rub on fish. Grill over wood coals. (The wood is the kicker IMO)

Then make a pico de gallo. With mangos. So you got sweet smokey spicy. Serve on tortillas.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Fish ought to be enjoyed fried, baked, broiled, or roasted on a open fire all alone.

No tortillas required.

Cole slaw, hush puppies and green beans with bacon are a plus.

If you are old enough to remember when -- we ordered or cooked our food, then used tortillas as an afterthought.

Be well.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Fish ought to be enjoyed fried, baked, broiled, or roasted on a open fire all alone.

No tortillas required.

Cole slaw, hush puppies and green beans with bacon are a plus.

If you are old enough to remember when -- we ordered or cooked our food, then used tortillas as an afterthought.

Be well.

Fish tacos are great.

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Fish tacos are great, even folks that are not crazy about fish like fish tacos!
    The whole "all alone" thing gets old when fish is on the menu three or four time a week. Back in AK fish is our chicken so you tend to get creative.

Fish tacos , fried, grilled, hot smoked, or blackened however you prefer your fish of choice to be cooked. I like crispy fried best.

Fish broken up and in your warm tortillas ,topped with shredded cabbage or lettuce, some chopped tomato or pico, cilantro, a squeeze of lime, then top with a little ranch with jalapeño's blended in, or thousand island.

or Baja style fish tacos. kick ass eats, real fast and cheap to make. My kids will crush some fish tacos as fast as I can make them!

This recipe nails the grilled mahi , then we make them like I explained above.

http://www.food.com/recipe/baja-fish-tacos-222240

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Fish tacos are great, even folks that are not crazy about fish like fish tacos!
    The whole "all alone" thing gets old when fish is on the menu three or four time a week. Back in AK fish is our chicken so you tend to get creative.

Fish tacos , fried, grilled, hot smoked, or blackened however you prefer your fish of choice to be cooked. I like crispy fried best.

Fish broken up and in your warm tortillas ,topped with shredded cabbage or lettuce, some chopped tomato or pico, cilantro, a squeeze of lime, then top with a little ranch with jalapeño's blended in, or thousand island.

or Baja style fish tacos. kick ass eats, real fast and cheap to make. My kids will crush some fish tacos as fast as I can make them!

This recipe nails the grilled mahi , then we make them like I explained above.

http://www.food.com/recipe/baja-fish-tacos-222240
    You're making my hungry. And you're right, I am no fan of fish but I like a good fish taco.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Hahaa, LOVE the screen name brother! .

just posted up a pic you may like , in "whats for dinner" some good Yankee eats.

Yeah, this thread has me craving them also. I will fire some up this week and post some pics...need to pick up some fish. been a long time since I had to pay for it tho, feels dirty.

Last edited:

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    IMG_4790.jpg IMG_4796.jpg Mahi soaked in Lime cilantro, olive oil, fresh garlic, pineapple, cuumin, corriander, salt and pepper. Grilled on a hot grill, along with the pineapple for a side.

serve up w shreaded cabbage, romaine, tomatoes, guacamole, cheese and salsa or whatever else with some grilled pineapple/mango on the side. HEB tortillas, were still hot when I got them home.
    If you like them sweetened up , some ranch w dill or thousand island. Left over grilled chicken gets chopped and treated the same way, lol gone as fast as it gets on the table.

Also killer with grilled shrimp. As long as the seafood is wild caught USA its good to go! mahi was not but was wild

Last edited:
    Top Bottom