• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    This may be covered in another post but for people that have signed up for fixed rate electricity they may be saving some huge bills. Those that have variable rate plans may be in for severe sticker shock. I have Direct Energy, just signed onto my internet site at Direct Energy and for 1/15-2/16/2021 my bill is lower than the previous month and my predicted bill for next moth is even lower. If you have an auto pay option on your credit card your next bill may exceed your credit card balance if you do not have a fixed rate plan. Check it and hopefully you are not going to get sticker shock.
    Hurley's Gold

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I'm on an electric COOP provider. Our bill stays pretty close to about the same every month. I don't know if ours is fixed or variable.
    You should have paperwork for your plan. Hope you don't get "shocked" with your next bill. Don't you have an online account to check it?

tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    I have a variable rate through Griddy. My Bill for this month is about to go over $6500. Signed up with them almost 2 years ago after a recommendation from some people we know close to where we moved. Came from an area where we only had one option for the past 15 years or so. Our bill has been consistent $100 to $120 a month the entire time here. Haven’t been using any major appliances and air set at 60. We have been trying to change companies for almost the past 2 weeks but all changes have been on hold or delayed. Was supposed to be changed Wednesday but keeps getting pushed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You should have paperwork for your plan. Hope you don't get "shocked" with your next bill. Don't you have an online account to check it?

I get a bill in the mail every month. Our electric bill has stayed pretty consistent for the past 17 years. It goes up some in the winter and the summer, but generally our highest bill is under $250 a month.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'm on Pedernales Electric. I think it's a fixed rate. Cost has stayed right around 10¢ to 11¢ per kwh for the last 17 years. Next months bill may be different due to the current situation...don't know.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I'm on Pedernales Electric. I think it's a fixed rate. Cost has stayed right around 10¢ to 11¢ per kwh for the last 17 years. Next months bill may be different due to the current situation...don't know.
    If you are not on a fixed rate plan potentially your bill might be 300 times the usual. Seems like people don’t know what plan they are on.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I have a variable rate through Griddy. My Bill for this month is about to go over $6500. Signed up with them almost 2 years ago after a recommendation from some people we know close to where we moved. Came from an area where we only had one option for the past 15 years or so. Our bill has been consistent $100 to $120 a month the entire time here. Haven’t been using any major appliances and air set at 60. We have been trying to change companies for almost the past 2 weeks but all changes have been on hold or delayed. Was supposed to be changed Wednesday but keeps getting pushed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt you have been saving yourself what appears $50-75/month (maybe more) for two years.
    It will be interesting to see if the bottom line is either plus or minus.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Best I know, there is no choice...

Screenshot_20210220-204054_Google.jpg

I think the Energy Charge is fixed till July 1st at $0.067075. I've never seen a Transmission Fee or a Fuel Cost Adjustment on my bills... Could be in for a shocker! Being a Co-op, BEC may absorb the extra costs and just reduce Patronage Dividends.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Top Bottom