• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    For those that didn't read or chose to ignore this line in the article ....

and for those that haven't been there it's a pretty uppity area right off a main road right near the interstate. Not really a great place to let your kid chill out in on coming traffic.

and not to be a further ass about it but jump on google earth, that particular road is nothing but town homes and no fences in the backyard. Absolutely no reason the kids cant play in the back yard.

My only beef is they had to make it a rule. I grew up with my parents telling me don't play in the road, thought that was a common sense thing.
    Gun Zone Deals

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    and for those that haven't been there it's a pretty uppity area right off a main road right near the interstate. Not really a great place to let your kid chill out in on coming traffic.

and not to be a further ass about it but jump on google earth, that particular road is nothing but town homes and no fences in the backyard. Absolutely no reason the kids cant play in the back yard.

My only beef is they had to make it a rule. I grew up with my parents telling me don't play in the road, thought that was a common sense thing.

Exactly. No way the article was intended to cover the 'hoods history but my IMPRESSION is some HOA board members got a wild hair up it and convinced the management company (who seems like the scapegoat) to add the rule.

Kids have been playing in neighborhood streets since the horse drawn, parents should handle it, not some rule from a mgmt. company.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Exactly. No way the article was intended to cover the 'hoods history but my IMPRESSION is some HOA board members got a wild hair up it and convinced the management company (who seems like the scapegoat) to add the rule.

Kids have been playing in neighborhood streets since the horse drawn, parents should handle it, not some rule from a mgmt. company.

The HOA is the representatives of the parents, and if the parents won't make their kids do right, then it is up to society, ie the HOA.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Do you have any proof the parents won't make their kids do right?

Doubt it, WE are on the outside looking in.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Fact is members/homeowners and the HOA spoke. If they did enough to change it from kids playing the street to no kids playing in the street then kids playing in the street was a problem to someone.

Figure that out. You're automatically taking the kids side yet you have no idea of what kids were doing other than "playing in the street". The kids that "play in the street here"? I'd ban their asses too.

Or perhaps they're trying to keep all the blind bat blue hairs from running over the kids in the street. Not that old people in Florida drive that well. Hell, not like anybody in Florida drives well. People are often run over around here.

You know what stick the HOA has up their rears right now? The color of house paint! :facepalm:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom