Capitol Armory ad

FLASH: American Truckers RETALIATING Over Trump Civil Verdict; Will Begin REFUSING Loads to NYC -- Cut FOOD SUPPLY!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    By "half measures" I mean we've reached a point where they have no qualms breaking laws right out in the open with impunity and we're going to have a handful of truck drivers boycott NY?

I mean we're well past the point that a protest can make a difference. Tell me again what happened to the protesters on January 6th? Or Trump convicted of breaking made up laws? The examples are endless! They're literally rubbing our noses in it!
    Negative? You bet, and then some.

I'm an old man with heart problems and limited financial resources. I and those like me aren't in a position to effect or even inspire that sort of change but we can still shoot reasonably straight.

You might not have an appreciation of Trump's smart ass attitude but while you're chunking rocks, try to remember folks like Trump, with more than I'll ever have to lose, are fighting tooth and nail for us. Least we can do is not help pull them down.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    the Canadian deal later backfired on them
    The problem the Canadian truckers had were they were being a nuisance and blocking roadways. The extent the Canadian government went to punish people even just tangentially involved was ridiculous, tho.

The beauty of simply refusing to service NYC is that they're breaking no law and causing no obstruction. There's nothing the government can do to people who refuse to provide a service, unless they want to drop the veil and admit they see us all as serfs anyway.
    The majority of truckers are not from this country, they don't care.
    Yes, that's probably what will happen. Free CDLs for criminal aliens.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Considering the state of the GAP (Great American Public) today - especially in Blue States - a good rumor and a little reinforcement could create the right situation where the actual boycott is unnecessary. Panic buying would lead to bare shelves which would lead to more panic buying thus creating the very situation the boycott was supposed to create.

I am reminded of a tale from a buddy stationed in Hawaii. Someone started a rumor of a shortage of toilet paper. The next thing folks knew there was a shortage and it lasted about six weeks. That is until the next major load of TP came in.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Considering the state of the GAP (Great American Public) today - especially in Blue States - a good rumor and a little reinforcement could create the right situation where the actual boycott is unnecessary. Panic buying would lead to bare shelves which would lead to more panic buying thus creating the very situation the boycott was supposed to create.

I am reminded of a tale from a buddy stationed in Hawaii. Someone started a rumor of a shortage of toilet paper. The next thing folks knew there was a shortage and it lasted about six weeks. That is until the next major load of TP came in.
    I read about that, a long time ago, late 70s. Story was a couple of DJs at the rock station, on a whim and a bet slipped in a little BS in the regular news about a possible shortage of TP. Twice a day for a week. Before the week was out no TP on store shelfs or gas stations. Shortage lasted for over a month. The threat of a shortage of consumables can cause a short in itself.

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    Well the guy who called it to happen has now called it off. Doesn't mean a few won't still do it.
    According to this report, he didn't call it off, he just took down his post, as it had already gone viral... Whatever that is worth...the way I read it, it is still on, though I may be reading what I want to read...

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    If they don't haul they don't get paid so that ain't gonna work for long.
    As we saw it didn't help with the Border deal and the Canadian deal later backfired on them as an after thought.
    He said they will continue to haul but NOT to NYC. He said that their employer has
    plenty of loads going to other cities and states. So they will not lose and money.

Top Bottom