Join TexasGunTalk

Florida Man (here we go...)

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by busykngt, Aug 18, 2019.

1. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Well, this is all so interesting.

But what is happening at the actual trial?

FireInTheWire and deemus like this.
  2. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    This/\

3. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    mamboloco likes this.
  4. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Shooter was in such a hurry to get out and start yelling at the woman in the handicapped spot...

"Drejka’s car was not in a marked parking spot, Forcade says. He was parked in the middle of the lot."

5. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
  6. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That’s wasn’t a self defense shooting. Different rules apply to protection of property.

Scroll down to subsection D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Trial - day four
    The state (prosecution) has rested its case.

Judge tells jurors trial could wrap up tomorrow (Friday) and asks if they would consider staying late for deliberations.

Apparently the defense has only two additional expert witnesses to testify before their defense concludes. Then ‘closing arguments’ from each side. Looks like this won’t drag out for weeks; I be surprised if we didn’t get a verdict next week. All six jurors have to agree, in order to convict.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinel...r-parking-lot-shooting-day-4-making-the-case/

deemus likes this.
  8. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Closing arguments now.
    The state (prosecution) has had their say and the judge has given a one hour lunch break for the jurors. Looks like the case will make it to the jury later today.

The prosecution summarized the events leading up to the shooting and painted the defendant as a “parking lot vigilante”. I was watching the ‘live stream’ and I’d have to say, the state did a pretty good job presenting their closing arguments. We’ll see how the defense does when it’s their turn - I expect they will make equally powerful arguments.

Still difficult to see how this will break (IMHO). 1) the verdict has to be unanimous among six people and 2) has to be beyond a “reasonable doubt”. Pretty high bar to achieve.

BTW (FWIW), the shooter guy agreed to talk to the police WITHOUT a lawyer present. The police interview was recorded and the state played numerous clips of that interview (putting their own spin on things), during their closing argument - making for a very effective presentation to the jury. If the guy is convicted, it will be in large part due to him hanging himself during that interview! It’s a prime example of why CCW “insurance” lawyers say to shut the f up, until they get there!

9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Shut the **** up Friday...

10. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    In the hands of the jury now (3:18 pm Central time).

Frank59 and FireInTheWire like this.