• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog;

Orange County Sheriff and former Orlando Police Chief John Mina, who’s also opposed to the state’s permitless carry law and attempts to end the ban on open carry in the state, says that young adults should still be barred from lawfully purchasing a firearm at retail, though the stated reasons for his objections don’t make much sense.

“That was passed in a Republican-controlled legislature and under a republican Governor,” Orange County Sheriff John Mina recalled. “I don’t see the reason behind it.”
    Mina says decreasing the age back to 18 would be a huge mistake.
    “I don’t want a young person who has been involved with criminal activity all their life to turn 18 and then go to a gun store and purchase a rifle,” Mina explained.

I agree with author. If one is involved in the criminal activity 'all their life' they will have a rap sheet and can't buy at (FFL) gun store. But out on the street or steal it.

p.s. Sheriff Mina in incumbent democrat who is up for re-election in 2024.

Attachments

• e79f7cef-2c45-458b-9ba0-372bb3a1f328-860x475.jpg
      e79f7cef-2c45-458b-9ba0-372bb3a1f328-860x475.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 26
    • orange-county-florida-Google-Search.jpg
      orange-county-florida-Google-Search.jpg
      162.4 KB · Views: 24

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If they've been involved in crime all their life - lock their dumb ass up.

If you're deemed worthy enough to walk the streets - your right to keep & bear arms should not be infringed. Don't care if you're a felon, multi time felon, or Ned Flanders. If you're too dangerous to have a weapon, you are too dangerous to be among the general public. Lock them up or honor the Constitution and Bill of Rights. There are almost no other rights that are stripped for life with a conviction beyond gun rights, besides voting rights in some states. You don't lose your first amendment, 4th amendment, or 5th amendment rights upon conviction - why should the 2nd be any different?

Rock, screwdriver, knife, sword, club, hammer, Glock, or LAW rocket launcher - if you're not so terrible to be locked away from humanity, then you should be able to have any of those items on your person. And should you be so bold and retarded as to attempt to commit violence upon others, they too, being free people should have the same access and ability to employ the same against you.

The older I get the more 2A absolutist I become. Violent offenders have no business among free men (and women, and trannies, and any of the 52 other genders) - they belong behind and under bars or in the ground. Rapists, pedophiles, would be killers and actual killers should be in prison. Shit like drug crimes shouldn't get someone as much time, or even the same kind of time, as violence.

Cops who are cool with disarming the public and denying people their rights just for existing have no business wearing a badge.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog;

Orange County Sheriff and former Orlando Police Chief John Mina, who’s also opposed to the state’s permitless carry law and attempts to end the ban on open carry in the state, says that young adults should still be barred from lawfully purchasing a firearm at retail, though the stated reasons for his objections don’t make much sense.

I agree with author. If one is involved in the criminal activity 'all their life' they will have a rap sheet and can't buy at (FFL) gun store. But out on the street or steal it.

p.s. Sheriff Mina in incumbent democrat who is up for re-election in 2024.
    Figures he is a Democrat hit with the stupid stick

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    If they've been involved in crime all their life - lock their dumb ass up.

If you're deemed worthy enough to walk the streets - your right to keep & bear arms should not be infringed. Don't care if you're a felon, multi time felon, or Ned Flanders. If you're too dangerous to have a weapon, you are too dangerous to be among the general public. Lock them up or honor the Constitution and Bill of Rights. There are almost no other rights that are stripped for life with a conviction beyond gun rights, besides voting rights in some states. You don't lose your first amendment, 4th amendment, or 5th amendment rights upon conviction - why should the 2nd be any different?

Rock, screwdriver, knife, sword, club, hammer, Glock, or LAW rocket launcher - if you're not so terrible to be locked away from humanity, then you should be able to have any of those items on your person. And should you be so bold and retarded as to attempt to commit violence upon others, they too, being free people should have the same access and ability to employ the same against you.

The older I get the more 2A absolutist I become. Violent offenders have no business among free men (and women, and trannies, and any of the 52 other genders) - they belong behind and under bars or in the ground. Rapists, pedophiles, would be killers and actual killers should be in prison. Shit like drug crimes shouldn't get someone as much time, or even the same kind of time, as violence.

Cops who are cool with disarming the public and denying people their rights just for existing have no business wearing a badge.
    Just like the politicians who violate their oath.

Top Bottom