• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    It was designed in advance to fire 5.56, 7.62, and 6.8 by only changing the barrel, magazine and boltface. Watch the video on the bushy site.

Changing calibers on a an ACR

No tools needed, finished in less than a minute!

I have a feeling the barrel conversions are going to cost a lot, considering the gun itself is so expensive. They seem to be taking their time putting them out. Why market a gun on it's ability to change barrels then not have any available?
    DK Firearms

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Sorry about the thread hijack.... How about them SCAR's, they are pretty cool.

I tried to buy a SCAR for 6 months, but none were available. Now they are everywhere. Personally I think the black one beats the Dark Earth hands down.

What do you think?

Ghetto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    League City Texas
    The SCAR-L and ACR are about the same price. I chose the ACR because you can swap calibers almost as quickly as you can change a magazine. I will buy a .308 barrel for it when it comes out. I got tired of waiting for the SCAR-H. I will also something to shoot until it does...

The obvious answer is to get both

544bbce889797a6.jpg

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    Here is the rifle that does not exist.
    .308 ACR

It was demo'd at Shot Show 2010

Yeah the announcer and the accompanying description to the video are incorrect they showed a ACR that goes from 5.56 to 6.8 and at the end of the table they had a .308 AR not a ACR.

superchi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Here is the rifle that does not exist.
    .308 ACR

It was demo'd at Shot Show 2010

I've seen this video. The person that blogged this video had his hearing/reading mixed up, as clearly when the BM reps mentioned .308, they were talking about (re)introducing AR patterned rifles, not the ACR. All of I've heard about a .308 ACR are conjecture from other forums. The only real mention of anything related is more conjecture about the 7.62 Massoud rifle being "worked" on, and there are some posts out there by SMGLee stating that Remington did not buy the rights to the Massoud rifle, only the Masada.

At this point, I'd bet on the SCAR 17 coming out long before a .308 ACR because hell, I've been waiting for it myself. At least there are real pictures of the SCAR lol.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom