• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davidryan

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    USA
    Well it’s a matter if fact that taking fast foods in your diet would be problematic for you because these would increase fats over body and that is why people around the globe are careful about their health and want to reduce fats from body as well. Exercise is the most useful way to lose weight.
    DK Firearms

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I stopped fast food and specially nuggets and burgers the day I learned that it contains 2% "unknown"meat period.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Dutton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    YOur right on the mark. There is no quick fix. A good diet and moderate exercise is the only sure fix to an undesirable gut.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I am not quite sure how to "take" this thread but "food or exercise" is a false choice. A nutrition plan based on a caloric intake of 50% carb, 40% protein, and 10% fat is satisfactory, whereby you burn 2x as much calorie as you intake in order to burn fat. I am 57 and I supplement my nutrition and exercise with vitamins oriented toward accelerating my metabolism. I suggest that for most folks my age.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    This original thread was posted for cover so a guy could spam the forum. It wasn't meant to be a serious discussion.

For the general idea of answering the title - exercise. Exercise is most effective in producing results for me. I could sit on my butt and eat great by body comp goes to the gutter and there are virtually no physical fitness benefits. Only exercise builds cardiovascular strength and endurance, muscle strength and endurance, good body comp and ROM & flexibility benefits. You don't get that by being sedentary and eating, even if "eating right". On that note, I find it easier to eat healthy on a regular basis if my body is on a good workout schedule. When I stop regularly working out, I start eating worse.

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    With stage 4 kidney failure, I'm learning to eat in a different manner. I'm on a 50 g of protein diet, trying to stay off of dialysis. Even though I don't have enough energy to do more than walk to the loading room several times a day, I've lost weight, enough that I wouldn't be on the "fat boy" program in the Army when I was in at age 43. 50 g allows 6 ounces of meat per day with a few vegetables thrown in for some vitamins and fiber.

You can't exercise your way out of a deal like this, because it may do more harm than good.

BTW, spam usually has an address to buy their product and this one doesn't have that and doesn't even mention a product.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    With stage 4 kidney failure, I'm learning to eat in a different manner. I'm on a 50 g of protein diet, trying to stay off of dialysis. Even though I don't have enough energy to do more than walk to the loading room several times a day, I've lost weight, enough that I wouldn't be on the "fat boy" program in the Army when I was in at age 43. 50 g allows 6 ounces of meat per day with a few vegetables thrown in for some vitamins and fiber.

You can't exercise your way out of a deal like this, because it may do more harm than good.

Paul, you're right, you can't exercise your way out of that. But I'd say your case is more of an exception than a rule since you're working with a special circumstances. Best wishes as you go forward.

BTW, spam usually has an address to buy their product and this one doesn't have that and doesn't even mention a product.

Edited by Mods to remove the link. Also look at the OP, he was banned.

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I didn't know the history behind the post, sorry to have bumped it again. Of course, we normally, on another forum, delete offending post and/or threads, so there isn't a temptation to respond. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    All I know is that I become a freakin' machine when I cut carbs out almost completely (except for beans and oatmeal). Lean protein and veggies only give me a noticeable strength and endurance increase. I've been eating out too much lately and I've been feeling the effects of it.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I quit fast food this last week unless you count the day I had Jimmy Johns Sandwich for lunch feel a little better so does my wallet.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I haven't been able to exercise much because I'm lazy and my foot still bothers me from the surgery I had in December.

But I stopped drinking soft drinks at the beginning of the year, stopped eating out in February.

I don't eat wheat, and the only sugar in my diet is from the one or two servings of fruit a day.
    I only eat lean meats, I don't cook with any fats or oils.

I was pushing 240 at the end of 2012, and I am sub 200 as of yesterday.

To be fair, I'm also taking Armour Thyroid and injections for low T.

I hear people say that diet is 80%, and I believe it. Feed the machine top fuel and it runs like it's supposed to.

Honestly, I can't believe my pancreas is functional after drinking so many soft drinks since I was a little kid.

How's that for keeping an old spam post alive!

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    Sometimes you have to watch the meds a Dr will prescribe. I was on Actos for blood sugar and it pumped me up to 208# and didn't really help with sugar control. Of course, I normally run less than 120 when I check my glucose, so I don't really know why Actos was in the plan. I drink a soda water maybe once a week, but I do use sugar in my coffee.

Even so, the low protein diet has me down to less than 180#, but I can't say I feel all that great. I suppose some of that may come from having the creeping crud for over 3 months now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom