• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I’ll watch a few college games, not really any NFL.

Mostly it’s an excuse to hang out with people that I like while watching a game.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I watch both, the Cowboys are my team.
    They were on TV Saturday night, ( but forgot to play, they were too busy serving turnovers. ) LOL. We'll see what happens in about 3 hours and 15 minutes.

I think they'll have a good season if they can dodge enough injuries, because they don't have a lot of depth in some areas.

I watch golf, and to a lesser extent , some Rangers baseball. Drag racing occasionally.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Haven't watched a pro game since they started kneeling. Didn't watch many before that. Pissonem'! :green:

Jerry don't play that shut. You ain't going to see a lot of Cowboys taking a knee, unless it's in the end zone and they are pointing up.

BTW, Your boycott is as effective and sensless as the kneelers protests. You don't buy tickets, didn't watch much before
    ....who is gonna care?

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Used to watch the Cowboys and also the Oilers back in the 70's when they had a team. What's the name of that giant (not fat!) Oiler that tore everybody up? He was a monster and fast! And crazy as a chicken snake!

The tooz ..................

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Used to watch the Cowboys and also the Oilers back in the 70's when they had a team. What's the name of that giant (not fat!) Oiler linebacker that tore everybody up? He was a monster and fast! And crazy as a chicken snake!

I think his name was Notta Cowboy. Can't help you, wasn't really a football fan until Aikman.

EDIT: I actually became a fan when they went 1 and 15. Everyone said they sucked, but they were BARELY losing games, and by George, beat those hated Redskins who went 15-1. Next year, Jimmy and Troy were Super bowl bound.

Last edited:

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Is anyone into football?
    No. Thanks for asking.

Raised in Houston and cooled off after the Moon/Stabler run. Then the game started to change. The big joke around my house is....

....did you just make a "football move"??? (WTF is that???)

...and that started the demise of Football.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    No. Thanks for asking.

Raised in Houston and cooled off after the Moon/Stabler run. Then the game started to change. The big joke around my house is....

....did you just make a "football move"??? (WTF is that???)

...and that started the demise of Football.

A big bowl of popcorn, beer and a remote . (That's a football move.) Whatcha talkin about Willis?

Box of Kleenex, blanky and the little woman.....not so much, but...to each his own. Enjoy the "Days of our Cries".

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I partake in watching young adults who are spoiled and want to make a bunch of money and not acknowledging their doing something they love for a job.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    College ball yes, NFL....no....

and yes, the boycott is working and going to get stronger every time they kneel.....

Viewers were down 10% last season........that 10% = $$$$. They can't afford for that to go up to 20% or more......

TheEnglishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    I watch as much football as I can....real football where the game is predominantly played by players kicking the ball with their feet :)

Does anyone else watch Rugby when its on the box?

TheEnglishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    American football has its roots in Rugby.

I heard an ex NFL player say the only way to stop the head/brain injuries is to get rid of the helmets and change the way players tackle each other. Make it more like Rugby again

Top Bottom