• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TiredOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Central Texas
    I got in contact with the landowner of their "manufacturing facility". He said that Elgie had two partners in the business which he drove out wanting to do it himself. He said he hasn't seen him in months.

I also contacted the ATF in FT Wayne, IN.

I think it is time to consider filing complaints against these people. If anyone would like to know how to go about it and what little I learned PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Good Luck
    Capitol Armory ad

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I got in contact with the landowner of their "manufacturing facility". He said that Elgie had two partners in the business which he drove out wanting to do it himself. He said he hasn't seen him in months.

I think it is time to consider filing complaints against these people. If anyone would like to know how to go about it and what little I learned PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Good Luck

FYI-You cannot receive PM's yet due to your post count.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You seem to be posting the same info on multiple boards, signing on just to post this, what exactly is up???

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Good Luck

Who are they and why should we care? Perhaps you should explain.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    They evidently offered a $99.00 can, took orders, & then closed up shop.
    Or at least this is what I seemed to find after a small amount of digging.

On all the Forums he posted on, there was only about 4 posts max that I saw by him.

TiredOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yes I have been lurking on these forums for a while. Yes I rarely post, however when scammers are preying on the community I feel the need to speak up.

They took money for suppressors and were even at the Silencers Are Legal shoot in Dallas in April. From what I have been able to determine they scammed money from a lot of people. No one has been able to make contact with them for over a month.

I have in fact posted the same message on a number of boards so that people who were scammed can have the benefit of the time I have spent tracking down info on these critters.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Thank you!

In the future you may want to add a little more info or people (like me) might think you are up to no good.

Welcome to our forum!

- Cam

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Not only were they offered CAN for $99. They also offered to pay $200 TAX stamp on top of it, ofcourse it was too good to be true.

TiredOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Central Texas
    Actually they were not offering to pay the transfer tax. What they were preposing was that for every can a customer ordered they would send the transfering dealer a free can to cover his transfer fee. The buyers were still responsible for the 200.00 transfer tax.

There are several good 22 cans on the market that are wholesale priced within 10.00 either side of 99.00. It was not completely unreasonable for a new company to price them like that for a limited time to the public to get their name out.

Cam....I appreciate the welcome!

TiredOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't doubt you but you can go to what they call their website and it's explained there. And here is an excerpt from an email from them:

"...Currently we are running a promo special that is a .22 Suppressor for $99 to the customer and the transferring dealer gets a demo can in lieu of charging a transfer fee. If a dealer wants to buy the cans during our promo then they would basically get 2 cans for the price of 1 at $99. After the promo the price will be $89 to the dealer and $179 msrp. We can accept credit card, check or money orders. Lets us know how many you want, how you'd like to pay and we will send you a invoice/receipt and info.on payment. We look forward to hearing from you and doing business with you.
    Thanks,
    Lori Elgie
    Office Manager"

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Sorry to hear about y'all having to go through this b.s. A crap load of people got sucked into something before with a DoubleStar group buy where the guy disappeared with money.....Based on the SilentRx website, I think I'd avoid them with their "myspace" mugshots, lol.....
    Club

Top Bottom