DK Firearms

For those of you so concerned about CHL and OC...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I made a comment in one of the threads about what your legislative agend might be as far as gun laws...and said that we needed to approach it from the big picture, and fully reinstate our rights as stated by the 2nd amendment instead of aksing them please to give us a little bit of it back.

I got this email, and thought maybe some of you might take interest. Sure, the Conservatives took back the house, but they don't get to move in until January, and in the mean time, the prgressive libs are PISSED OFF WITH NOTHING TO LOSE, so they can, and WILL, try to push through anything and everything they can, and guns are at the top of the list.

Here's an eamil I got that you might want to take a look at...and stop worrying about CHL and OC long enough to make sure we even get to keep our guns in the firts place, or are going to be forced to use them as intended and not just as toys and play things to take out and make go bang.
    ----------------------------------------------

My friend,

The anti-gun establishment is furious with you and they want their revenge.

And unfortunately for us, their anti-gun cronies in Congress are still in power until January.

They call it a "Lame Duck" session and it started yesterday.

And unless gun rights activists like you contribute to this fight, gun-grabbers like Sarah Brady and Michael Bloomberg just might secure a last minute victory.

So will you chip in just $10 or $20 toward this fight?

If you haven't already, please read my email below to see why your help is so important.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dudley Brown
    National Association for Gun Rights

From: Dudley Brown [mailto:Dudley.Brown@nationalgunrights.org]
    Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:17 PM
    Subject: Harry Reid's "Goose on Steroids"

NAGR_email.gif

Dear Gregory,

After what you and I both saw on election night, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

But the truth is, the hordes of newly-elected pro-gun Congressmen and Senators won’t be sworn in until January 3rd.

Until then, President Obama is STILL armed with massive majorities -- and they are coming back to Washington next week to pass as much Big Government legislation as they can.

Not only that, but there are still dozens of anti-gun Republicans in both houses of Congress, as well.

With Election Day now behind them, they’re no longer even trying to hide their DISGUST for the Second Amendment.

That’s why what happens in the “Lame Duck” session of Congress over the next few weeks WILL be our toughest test yet.

As Harry Reid put it, the "Lame Duck" session is going to be a "Goose on Steroids."

So I’m counting on you to sign and return the petition I've drafted to your U.S. Senators DEMANDING they lay off your gun rights during the “lame duck” session of Congress.

I'll give you a link in a second, but I want you to know just how important this is.

The fact is, the gun-grabbers believe that right now is the best chance to ram through their entire agenda, including:

*** The Disarming American Citizens Act -- H.R. 2159, the so-called “Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009” -- allowing anti-gun Attorney General Eric Holder to revoke the Second Amendment rights of ANY American he chooses based on pure “suspicion;”

*** A new so-called “Assault Weapons” Ban, targeting ALL semi-automatic rifles and shotguns -- which, unlike the Clinton ban, will NEVER expire;

*** H.R. 45, the “Catch-All” Obama Gun Control Bill, which would create a national gun registry, require a two-day waiting period, hike taxes on gun sales, federally ban ALL private firearms sales and FORCE you to take a written exam just to prove you’re “fit” to own a firearm;

*** The U.N.’s so-called “Small Arms Treaty,” which would confiscate and destroy ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms and set the stage for INTERNATIONAL gun confiscation. Recently, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said, “The United States is committed to actively pursuing a strong and robust [small-arms] treaty.” (requires senate ratification, which they have the votes to do!)

*** The free speech killing DISCLOSE ACT designed to silence any political organization which refuses to submit to their unconstitutional regulations and stands up for its members' right to privacy.
    I’m not going to sugarcoat this.

Unless you act today, I’m afraid all our hard work over the past two years could go up in smoke.

I don’t know about you, but I can barely stomach that thought.

But I have to face facts.

Dozens of vulnerable Congressmen and Senators who were “riding the fence” on our gun rights -- worried about what could happen in their reelection campaigns if they voted for more gun control -- no longer have that worry.

Many who were defeated want REVENGE.

Others who have skated through by the skin of their teeth are now emboldened.

And gun-grabbers think you and I won’t be paying attention.

They think we’ve already declared “mission accomplished.”

They think we’ll be too engrossed in preparing for the upcoming holidays to stomach a big legislative fight.

Our one chance is to prove them wrong.

And the key to winning will be the U.S. Senate.

The good news is, after watching many of their anti-gun colleagues go down in flames on Election Day, U.S. Senators who are up in 2012 are already thinking about their own re-elections.

They’re nervous.

They’re worried they could be next.

That’s why our job is to send this message that any U.S. Senator who decides to vote against our gun rights better start looking for another job.

But time is not on our side.

You and I may only have days to mobilize Second Amendment supporters.

That means this fight won’t be cheap -- so I’m counting on your immediate support.

As it stands today, the National Association for Gun Rights does not have the money it will take to defeat the gun-grabbers in the “lame duck” session.

Like you, I was gratified that November 2 was an Election Day to remember. And NAGR did everything it could to make sure anti-gun legislators couldn’t lie and hide their voting records.

Thanks to those efforts, you and I are sending a message that supporting assaults on our Second Amendment rights is political suicide.

But our fight is NOT over.

So I’m counting on your support once again.

Starting today, the National Association for Gun Rights is launching a nationwide phone, mail and e-mail program to contact Second Amendment supporters from all over the country.

That’s where your signed petition to your U.S. Senators --DEMANDING they lay off your gun rights during the “lame duck” session -- comes in.

My goal is to make a preemptive strike to make sure no U.S. Senator believes the pro-gun grassroots will be caught napping.

Of course, going up against the full force of the gun-grabbers and the deep pockets of anti-gun zealots like BILLIONAIRE Mayor Michael Bloomberg, I don’t begin to believe just a national phone and e-mail program will “cut it.”

You and I MUST do more.

But as you know, internet, radio and newspaper ads can be very expensive -- not to mention the high cost of TV.

That’s why I’m counting on your EMERGENCY support.

So, in addition to your signed petition, won’t you please rush me your most generous contribution TODAY?

My friend, you and hundreds of thousands of other National Association for Gun Rights members have defied the odds these past two years.

But all that will mean nothing if the gun-grabbers succeed in their scheme to RAM through their entire gun control agenda during the “lame duck” session of Congress.

They want the last laugh.

They want nothing more than to see you and me DEFEATED.

We can’t let up now.

So please sign your petition and make your most generous contribution TODAY.

Please don’t lay this letter aside. Please act IMMEDIATELY.

For Freedom,
    DWBsigBlue.jpg

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    National Association for Gun Rights

P.S. The hordes of new pro-gun Congressmen and Senators aren’t set to be sworn in until January 3.

That means President Obama and his anti-gun Congressional allies have until then to RAM the gun-grabbers entire agenda into law.

So please rush me your signed petition to your U.S. Senators along with your most generous EMERGENCY contribution to help me fight the gun-grabbers’ schemes.

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!
    Texas SOT

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    so will you chip in just $10 or $20 toward this fight....Unless you act today, I’m afraid all our hard work over the past two years could go up in smoke...I don’t know about you, but I can barely stomach that thought....

And gun-grabbers think you and I won’t be paying attention....

The good news is, after watching many of their anti-gun colleagues go down in flames on Election Day, U.S. Senators who are up in 2012 are already thinking about their own re-elections.

So I’m counting on your support once again...That’s why I’m counting on your EMERGENCY support...So, in addition to your signed petition, won’t you please rush me your most generous contribution TODAY... make your most generous contribution TODAY.

So please rush me your signed petition to your U.S. Senators along with your most generous EMERGENCY contribution... Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

Typical NRA scare tactics....I am a member but if they spent all the money they waste on these mailouts, on actually working in DC, alot more would get accomplished. I'm a reluctant NRA member. Dems that just saw what happened to their buddies wont touch the gun control...they realize it will be their demise.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Typical NRA scare tactics....I am a member but if they spent all the money they waste on these mailouts, on actually working in DC, alot more would get accomplished. I'm a reluctant NRA member. Dems that just saw what happened to their buddies wont touch the gun control...they realize it will be their demise.

After reading two legislative action reports, I'm not so sure that the libs, with nothing to lose, aren't going to do exactly what is being said here...

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    West Texas I want to use this forum to publicly express my respect and appreciation of you for your commitment to submit threads such as this one to alert those who will listen and warn those who refuse to listen. Thank you.

I too have wary feelings regarding a heightened besiege upon the ALL the civil liberties of We The People during the lame duck session of Congress. More worrisome to me, is that WTP now believe the Conservative victories of the mid-terms will be able to "save us" from damage the Obama regime has already instituted.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    We have the SAME people in place as before November 2nd, only now they have NO REASON to back off of anything...and so Pelosi and Reid will be going all out to try to ram as much down our throats as they can before the new congress takes over in January. They have NOTHING to lose by doing so, and have already shown that they don't give a rats ass for what We The People think or want.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008

The "National Association for Gun Rights" is the new name for the NRA then?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Ummm....in your rush to take a shot at NRA, you overlooked the fact that the message wasn't from the NRA....

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I doubt congress will be able to touch any of these issues. Lame duck or not there are more pressing concerns for them now.

I really wish pro gun groups would stop hitting the fear button every time they want money and focus on what they plan to do with what we've voted to give them.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I doubt congress will be able to touch any of these issues. Lame duck or not there are more pressing concerns for them now.

I really wish pro gun groups would stop hitting the fear button every time they want money and focus on what they plan to do with what we've voted to give them.

You're right....they'll never pass healthcare, either since the people were so vocal about not wanting it...oh, wait, they did that...and now that they have nothing to lose you really think they won't do everything they can to push the agenda?

"Marxism in America" Lt. Gen. (Ret.) W.G. Boykin Video |

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    You're right....they'll never pass healthcare, either since the people were so vocal about not wanting it...oh, wait, they did that...and now that they have nothing to lose you really think they won't do everything they can to push the agenda?

"Marxism in America" Lt. Gen. (Ret.) W.G. Boykin Video |

Heath care was the sword they were willing to fall on and you can't compare to the priority it got to any of these actions.

These bills are, so far, stuck in the House Committee on the Judiciary and don't warrant this level of fear or attention.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    These bills are, so far, stuck in the House Committee on the Judiciary and don't warrant this level of fear or attention.

I agree 100%. Its not that we dont need to be wary. But we also dont need to be the boy that cried wolf. EVERY NRA mailout screams that if you dont give NOW they are coming to get our guns!

I wish they could be a little more calm and logical in their literature and not lower themselves to the fear-mongor level each and everytime.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    West Texas I want to use this forum to publicly express my respect and appreciation of you for your commitment to submit threads such as this one to alert those who will listen and warn those who refuse to listen. Thank you.

I too have wary feelings regarding a heightened besiege upon the ALL the civil liberties of We The People during the lame duck session of Congress. More worrisome to me, is that WTP now believe the Conservative victories of the mid-terms will be able to "save us" from damage the Obama regime has already instituted.
    I too like WT's submissions....lots of good info

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I trust the lame duck toadies in Washington like George C. Scott in the Movie Patton trusted the Russians, NOT ! And they have earned the expletative that
    he called the Russian in the movie...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I'm also tired of the The U.N.’s so-called “Small Arms Treaty,” It's not drafted yet,

It's not directed at the citizens of the US

It won't touch the 2nd amendment as
    Reid_v._Covert covers that.

It's not up for drafting till 2012.

I think these emails just induce panic and do more harm than good.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    There were a lot of healthcare organizations that sent out emails telling what was coming and what passage of the healthcare legislation wouold mean...most called them emails that just wanted to raise money for the organization sending them out, and just being sent out to induce panic and do more harm than good.

The small arms treaty..we shall see...the other measures are already in committee and can be moved VERY quickly, and very quietly...

But that's ok, just stick your head in the sand and don't worry about it...surely this session of congress with LUNITICS in control and absolutly nothing to lose at this point wouldn't try to pass something liike this...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    My head is not in the sand...but you can only sound the (false) alarm so many times before people quit paying attention. If you read the NRA mailouts, they make it sound like if you dont make a contribution NOW...you will be getting a knock on your door tomorrow from Feds that are there to pick up your guns. Did you see how many times in your OP that they asked for money?

I understand the importance, and it IS something we need to be vigilant about, we just dont need to panic.

I could write one of these mailouts for the NRA....

Dear fellow 2nd Amendment Lover,
    We know that you have received 14,634 pieces of mail from us in the last 2 years...and we know that each of those said that if you didn't make a "special contribution" to the NRA-ILA that Barbara Boxer, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and B. Hussein Obama would be showing up to personally collect your guns. But this mail out is different.....this time they REALLY ARE coming to cut up your great grandfather's shotgun that has been in the family for 124 years.
    But this can be avoided.
    By writing us a check today, we will send a crack team of NRA security personnel to your house to ward off this confiscation. We will also give you a "I'm the NRA" bumper sticker.
    All those other mailouts you got from us were false alarms.
    This one is real.
    Really.
    It is.
    Send us a check.

Sincerely,
    Wayne LaPierrre

OK, I dont want anybody to get insulted, I know it is an important subject. It just needs some levity. (I sent a check to the NRA just in case Pelosi was lurking in my neighborhood)

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    (I sent a check to the NRA just in case Pelosi was lurking in my neighborhood)

I've been trying to think what I couls use for bait to GET her in to my neighborhood...I have a SPECIAL suprise for her...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Asking for money before even finishing their essay kinda puts me off to the rest of that they have to say. I'm worried about the lame duck session as well, but I don't think there's anything we can do about it. As stated they've got nothing to lose and no way to stop them from doing anything they want. So I think my "$10 or $20" will be better spent helping me recover from the horrible boating accident I just suffered where most of my gun collection went to the murky deep.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom