• ...and so much more!
  • louringe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Hudson Oaks
    [h=1]Fostech Outdoors, LLC
    v. Slide Fire Solutions, Inc.[/h] Complaint for Patent Infringement
    Civil Action No. 1:12-cv-00289-WTL-DML, the Hon. William T. Lawrence presiding.
    Filed on March 5, 2012 in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana;
    Indianapolis, IN- Patent attorneys for Fostech Outdoors, LLC of Paris Crossing, Indiana filed a patent infringement suit in the Southern District of Indiana alleging Slide Fire Solutions, Inc. of Moran, Texas infringed patent no. 6101918, METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR ACCELERATING THE CYCLIC FIRING RATE OF A SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARM, which has been issued by the US Patent Office.
    The patented technology is described as "bump fire stocks" which are a device that, when attached to certain firearms, allows the firearm to rapidly fire multiple shots. The complaint alleges that Slide makes, imports, and/or sells a product called "SSAR-15 stock" that infringes the '918 patent "when used in conjunction with certain firearms assemblies." The complaint alleges that Slide actively induces other to infringe the Fostech's patent and that Slide should be liable for contributory infringement because it knows there are no non-infringing uses for its product. The complaint makes one claim of patent infringement and seeks an injunction, damages, costs and attorney fees.
    Practice Tip: The plaintiff here has made a claim of contributory patent infringement, which governed by 35 U.S.C. § 271(b) and is defined as selling or importing a device "for use in practicing a patented process, constituting a material part of the invention, knowing the same to be especially made or especially adapted for use in an infringement of such patent, and not a staple article or commodity of commerce suitable for substantial noninfringing use"
    Personal jurisdiction may be an issue in this case. The plaintiff alleges Slide regularly conducts business in Indiana and the events giving rise to the suit occurred in Indiana. However, none of the specific acts of infringement seem to have occurred in Indiana.
    This case has been assigned to Judge William T. Lawrence and Magistrate Judge Debra McVicker Lynch in the Southern District of Indiana and assigned Case No. 1:12-cv-00289-WTL-DML

Further Information about the case is as follows:
    FOSTECH OUTDOORS, LLC v. SLIDE FIRE SOLUTIONS, INC.
    Assigned to: Judge William T. Lawrence
    Referred to: Magistrate Judge Debra McVicker Lynch
    Cause: 35:145 Patent Infringement
    Case #: 1:12-cv-00289-WTL-DML
    [FONT]Complaint-Fostech, LLC v Sliding Fire Solutions, Inc.[/FONT]

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    No matter who wins, it will not stop them from being made and sold. It might stop one manufacturer from making and selling them, but the market is hard to ignore. With the popularity and profit potential of this type of product, someone will make and sell them. Slide Fire might end up just paying a royalty on each one if they lose. Don't see a chance of some version of this not being on the market, especially with other companies making their own versions of it. With patients, you want to produce your item or license it and make as much money as you can before your claim expires, you just don't want to sit on it.

(But it is funny how the guys that make the AK bump-fire stock are suing the guys that make the AR bump-fire stock)

It's just a matter of time before we see a Chinese or Korean version at the gun shows for 1/3 the price.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It's really no more difficult than a Chinese M4 stock and grip. I am really suprised they don already sell them

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    These things worth having? I thought about getting one, but wasn't sure where I could shoot it around here (fortunately found an indoor range that seems to allow it). Still not 100% sure I would want it though.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Not sure who Fostech is, but that is the Akins patent.

The SlideFire does not use a spring like Akins, and thus works differently. Seems like a case sour grapes.

Y2bad4U

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    polk County
    They are fun, only way you could say its worth the price is when you got to mow down some zombies. Till then it's just another expensive toy. But it brings a smile to my face when I use it.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    IMHO I think the NRA is gonna throw Congress a bone. I wonder what they will trade for it.....if anything. Now that Ryan has pulled the HPA there is not much to trade for to me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom