Target Sports

Former NRA Officials Admit In Court What They Denied For Years; NRA Board Member Calls for New Leadership

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Truth about Guns blog;

Time will tell how this trial and the struggle over who will lead America’s oldest civil rights organization plays out. One thing’s certain, NRA members who follow this trial have discovered that most of the allegations levelled by whistleblowers in years past, adamantly denied by LaPierre loyalists, were not only true, but just the tip of the iceberg.

The author recounts several portions of testimony in the trial. In photo of President Trump individual on left is Chris Cox who is quoted in article.

Attachments

• nra-two-down-1.jpg
      nra-two-down-1.jpg
      89.1 KB · Views: 33
    • AP_274657188584.jpg
      AP_274657188584.jpg
      144.7 KB · Views: 32
    • nra-hq-feat-768x512-1 (1).jpeg
      nra-hq-feat-768x512-1 (1).jpeg
      67.6 KB · Views: 31

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Tom Grieve channel has his take on the trial and what may happen next. He covers details about the case if you are interested. His bottom line take at end of video (11:00 min) asks some good questions. What will the NRA members, board and other interested parties due in years to come. It will still is a force of sorts to the anti-2A community while others such as GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, etc. have been much more successful in courts.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog for suggestions how to include the NRA members in the solutions.

Former CEO of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre, has finally admitted virtually everything that he’s been accused of over the past five years, and a jury has found him liable for padding his own pockets to the tune of $5.5 million.

LaPierre’s hand-picked Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, Woody Phillips was also found liable for $2 million in personal profit at NRA members’ expense, and the NRA itself (really the NRA’s current Board of Directors) was found to have failed in its fiduciary obligations to shepherd and safeguard the members’ assets.

All told, the bogus spending and lost income amount to something north of a billion dollars!

Now, New York Acting Supreme Court Justice Joel Cohen has the difficult task of deciding how best to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, there’s an important absence in Justice Cohen’s courtroom: the members of the NRA!

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Read more at AmmoLand blog for suggestions how to include the NRA members in the solutions.

Former CEO of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre, has finally admitted virtually everything that he’s been accused of over the past five years, and a jury has found him liable for padding his own pockets to the tune of $5.5 million.

LaPierre’s hand-picked Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, Woody Phillips was also found liable for $2 million in personal profit at NRA members’ expense, and the NRA itself (really the NRA’s current Board of Directors) was found to have failed in its fiduciary obligations to shepherd and safeguard the members’ assets.

All told, the bogus spending and lost income amount to something north of a billion dollars!

Now, New York Acting Supreme Court Justice Joel Cohen has the difficult task of deciding how best to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, there’s an important absence in Justice Cohen’s courtroom: the members of the NRA!
    Criminal. Makes it imperative to get rid of Charles Cotton and others in management along with the board. Cut the size of it and the members need to be active and pay attention.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Great concise Attorney’s summation.

Our lessons:

From Antiquity: ‘’Power Corrupts; Absolute Power corrupts ABSOLUTELY’’

We shouldda listened to Knox!

The NRA members have known there were major problems the entire time.

LaPierre belongs in a PRISON.

The ultra-evil Letitia James has done our world a great favor, albeit unintentionally. The effort has backfired on her beautifully.

DougC does great find-&-post work.

&

We all must be more attentive & ‘’pro-active’’.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Personally I think NRA is unfixable.

WLP has it so rigged I do not see how it can be fixed. Almost everybody needs to be fired in order to be sure you got all the bad apples. It really needs an independent overseer to clean house.
    <>

The Nominating Committee was WLP’s instrument of tyranny !

It must be dissolved and all its current & past members must be banished from any position of authority.

<>

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I took decades to screw up the NRA at least at the board and C-Suite level and will take a long time to get things right with members and 2A community at large. As the video brings out removing all the bad ones is a start but will the judge due the right thing. Between the NRA lawyers and NY AG they might not clean house and set things right if the judge doesn't get the right info. In the meantime NRA eligible voting members can start to make a difference with this year's board election as I posted elsewhere on forum. If you don't vote its on you what changes to improve were not made.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I took decades to screw up the NRA at least at the board and C-Suite level and will take a long time to get things right with members and 2A community at large. As the video brings out removing all the bad ones is a start but will the judge due the right thing. Between the NRA lawyers and NY AG they might not clean house and set things right if the judge doesn't get the right info. In the meantime NRA eligible voting members can start to make a difference with this year's board election as I posted elsewhere on forum. If you don't vote its on you what changes to improve were not made.
    <>

I voted, but voted for only ONE which had a committee recommendation. I wrote ‘’NO confidence in Nominating Committee’’ on the envelope.

I have bought Life Memberships for both Sons & one Grandson.

To me, this mirrors the corruption of our Catholic Church; Honorable organization with horrible recent management.

<>

Top Bottom