• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The one that makes me happy is a simple CETME bayonet.

It fits on the end of my FR-8, which makes me happy. It was also made in Toledo (Spain, not Ohio you knuckle-dragger...), which has a history of supplying quality blades back to around 500BC. They supplied Hannibal and later the Romans.

And even those two aside, it's just a big, nasty blade that makes me happy. :D

Next up, I need a Kukri.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Are there people who would actually buy a knife like that?
    Yep. A while back there was a very nice two-page ad in the back of Man At Arms magazine for a fancy gun safe that was nice enough to double as a display case and that wouldn't look out of place as the centerpiece of a man-cave. It was very pretty so I did some research online. The starting price for their line of safes was USD$250K.

Yeah, there are people who buy really expensive stuff.

As the middle class disappears and the number of people with effectively-infinite wealth grows, one of the few ways to stay in the middle class will be to make stuff or provide services that are stupidly expensive, marketed to people who are stupidly rich. $3000 knives, $250K safes, your services as a yacht crewman - these are things you can sell to rich people to make a good living. The demand for them grows each day.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    The one that makes me happy is a simple CETME bayonet.

It fits on the end of my FR-8, which makes me happy. It was also made in Toledo (Spain, not Ohio you knuckle-dragger...), which has a history of supplying quality blades back to around 500BC. They supplied Hannibal and later the Romans.

And even those two aside, it's just a big, nasty blade that makes me happy. :D

Next up, I need a Kukri.
    I was in Toledo couple of weeks ago. Its a town full of knives to say the least. I tried to find a factory and did not seem to have any luck doing so. I asked numerous stores where are these made and of course the answer was Toledo, OK, fine I would like to visit the factory to see, then only thing I got then was blank stares. I was really disappointed. I will tell you you prob bought the knife cheaper than had you been in Toledo, mostly stupid money.

Tap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    This is my BBQ knife (the one on the left, blood stained, serrations just about sharpened off, sheath worn almost out), it started its life on my hip in 1967-Vietnam, saw duty in Korea, Germany and a lot of other places in the world. Its cut, opened, pried, gutted, hammered, sawed, sliced and diced a lot of stuff. No its not some fancy $3000 hand made by a virgin, sheath made from the scrotum sacks of Siberian Tigers, scales out of dinosaur tusks and blade from UnObtainium. No, my knife works, still working, Puma White Hunter...now where is the BBQ?

View attachment 25001

This is awesome. I have two white hunters myself. One stag and one wood, but can't bring myself to skin deer with either. They are probably two of my favorite knives. I will hack on a deer with a randall, but just can't beat these up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is the nice knife I'd like. It's $2300 less than yours.

3ffc3890-dc50-4a61-8709-463adfd73960.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I was thinking of getting a very large chopper, but I've been watching Vikings and really want a smaller battle axe now. Of course this would be for chopping wood while camping if the wife asks,lol. I'm pretty sure she'd see right through that though.

What about a BBQ tomahawk?

Top Bottom