• ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Story time!

So I was out at ASC today doing my thing when the guy next to me shows up with a .308 bolt rifle and a fresh box of ammo. This is on the 50 yard lanes but I pay him no mind and keep doing my thing.

He finishes off his one box of ammo and packs up to leave just as they call a cease-fire. Like a good citizen he throws away his trash in the newly-emptied trash can right behind him including a handful of brass as he heads to his truck and leaves.

Being a bit of a recycler myself I peer into the trash can and fish out the brass. ASC rules prohibit picking up "range brass" from the ground but I figure anything in the trash is fair game.

So, I have twelve pieces of .308 brass for anyone that wants them, you just have to catch me with my range bag.
    Guns International

flylot

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2014
    Houston, TX
    +1. Brilliant! You are an inspiration, I never thought of picking up brass that I have no need and passing it on, but then, no one has ever accused me of being particularly bright.......

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Nice move Acorneau!

Does "range brass" include brass from the guns you were shooting?

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Does "range brass" include brass from the guns you were shooting?

I can't find a written rule on their website but the general rule is you can pick up your own brass (or use a catcher if you wish) but picking up brass left by others is considered "range brass".

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I'll be heading out to ASC tomorrow morning so if anyone wants the brass you can meet me there. I'll be there from opening till about 11am or so.

If no one wants to meet up I'll post it up on the general forum for whomever wants it.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I've been a member for about ten years, no one ever said a word about picking up brass.
    However, I don't go and sweep an area just pickup anything pertinent in my area.
    YMMV

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    It may have been something I heard a Range Officer tell someone else at some point, just can't remember exactly.

Brass is still available if anybody wants it.

Top Bottom