• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have a ton of 9mm I bought from Freedom awhile back. My P32 will eat Fiocchi all day long but is finicky with other brands. Cheapest place was LAXammo and they show a price of $110 but they don't have 500 rounds in stock right now.
    LAX has 500 range new on sale for 99.95 Shipping is a bit higher but its new ammo. I think that's my choice.
    Thanks guys

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    No longer use them after multiple squibs, bankruptcy, lying, etc.
    I had gone through several thousand of their 9mm reloads--purchased at their Jersey Village storefront. After the second time I had a serious failure (blown primer), I gave up on them. That was a couple years ago. And then about a year ago they closed that storefront.

I do not miss them.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    $114.77, 500 rounds, FMJ, New LAX brand ammo. Ordered 5 minutes ago.
    I'm a bit worried how a Cali Company can deliver quality.
    I'll let you know

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That is a big part of the reason that they went under. The prices fell so low that they could not manufacture ammo at a competitive price

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Link was not to Walmart but to AmmoSeek where all retail prices are listed.

I actually shoot Wolf( Glock19 likes em’ just fine and my PC9 carbine does too)
    and found some at .13 a round with free shipping. Good putting holes in paper ammo if you have a gun that eats them.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    9mm is much cheaper than the shorter .380 Always been that way.
    Where was everybody with the links when I was still looking for a deal? By myself it will take 6 months to shoot up 500 rounds. I usually shoot a few guns, a bit each. Shoot 50 rounds and the gun is still super easy to clean with a bore snake and a rag.
    My next purchase will be .38 special. From looking around it seems that has surpassed .380 in stupid local and online prices.
    I don't have a problem with steel cased. But the indoor ranges require we sort their brass for them. They are both lazy and greedy. So no steel cased there. I will use it anyway in revolvers, when I find it. And I just dump the shells in my range bag. I don't like it but it's their range and they have a right to lose my business to outdoor ranges if they want. Have not been to SGA Crosby in a long time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    9mm is much cheaper than the shorter .380 Always been that way.
    Where was everybody with the links when I was still looking for a deal? By myself it will take 6 months to shoot up 500 rounds. I usually shoot a few guns, a bit each. Shoot 50 rounds and the gun is still super easy to clean with a bore snake and a rag.
    My next purchase will be .38 special. From looking around it seems that has surpassed .380 in stupid local and online prices.
    I don't have a problem with steel cased. But the indoor ranges require we sort their brass for them. They are both lazy and greedy. So no steel cased there. I will use it anyway in revolvers, when I find it. And I just dump the shells in my range bag. I don't like it but it's their range and they have a right to lose my business to outdoor ranges if they want. Have not been to SGA Crosby in a long time.
    https://ammoseek.com/ammo/38-special

Took me 4 seconds on google. 38 special .17 per round.

You’re welcome.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Gave up on them and switched to SG Ammo

Same for me for several reasons...

1. Prices no longer competitive

2. Some ammo (.45 and .40) was filthy and powder used was dirtiest I’ve seen on commercial ammo

3. Power felt like it fluctuates...I had some 9MM 124 that were all over the target. I thought I was really starting to suck. Asked mybfriend to shoot my gun...same results. Switched to CCI Blazer and good groups came back immediately for both of us. Back to FM and rounds back to looking like buckshot at 30 yards. Crazy!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Not sure what you mean...I'm happy with them. They do tend to overpack cases of ammo...
    The drivers I have tend to suck. I have heard straight up bitching coming out of them for being to lazy to break out their dolly & bitching because 1200 round case of 7.62 are heavy. Often if it's scheduled for Friday they will just drive by 2-3 times & not stop.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    The drivers I have tend to suck. I have heard straight up bitching coming out of them for being to lazy to break out their dolly & bitching because 1200 round case of 7.62 are heavy. Often if it's scheduled for Friday they will just drive by 2-3 times & not stop.

I have some very good UPS guys. I like off the beaten path, so when I know I have a shipment coming, I leave an old hand truck out in my driveway of the UPS guys to grab and load. they wheel the dolly down to my garage door and leave it there loaded. Works for us, bu I understand that may not work for everyone.

But seriously, 1200 rounds in one box is a foul on the SGAmmo shipping department. I hate when they pack 2 boxes of .45ACP one box. That's my only real grips.

Back to Freedom Munitions...I still have a couple thousand rounds of 9MM and .40. I'm shooting through it, but not using it for much serious range time or IDPA's. And I'm done buying more.

Top Bottom