• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    No. That was initially when they closed the Houston storefront and touting "still selling online" but about a month layer they called it.

Somebody else, my son used, also closed. I forget the name offhand. They also took in brass for credit.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've shot about 500 rounds of their 115gr 9mm new. Had no problems with it, except it seemed under powered compared to most commercial ammo.

Lately, their prices weren't very competitive either after adding shipping and state tax. Maybe they don't charge state tax any more since they shut down the Houston store.

Anyway, I'd much rather shoot Fiocchi or American Eagle for the same price as Freedom's Reman. Reman is not an option for me.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    IMO, they priced themselves out of a job. They had a good, relatively affordable product back when ammo was scarce & expensive & I bought from them. As other manufacturer/sellers started selling (for example) paper punching quality 9mm for 18 cpr delivered, they were a little too slow to join the masses in bringing their prices down. I still use the family-run SG Ammo in Oklahoma. Tango Sierra to Freedom.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    That's really what they had going for them - they had ammo in stock at reasonable (for the time) prices when it was otherwise scarce and expensive. Once the market recovered, they couldn't or wouldn't adapt.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Once the market recovered, they couldn't or wouldn't adapt.
    Yea I agree. Something wrong at the management level cause like em or hate em, there were guys using them. They had a crazy sale a while back and sold all their Bushmasters off for 250 (I missed out on that) so I guess its been coming for a while. My kid in Pearland was using their brass program and was getting his ammo basically free. Had to pay the tax is all. Maybe that was an issue, too much free ammo goin out the door?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I still have a few hundred left, I too bought thousands. It looks like their xtremebullets.com company is still running, I have used and still have thousands of those too. They tried to get into the primer business, not sure if they ever made it. I had a normal sized order, but they eventually (over a year later) called me to say they weren't going to be able to fulfill it. Sent me a check and that was that.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I mostly used their 9mm JHP reman which was the same price as FMJ ammo (about 18 cents a round.) For defensive training rounds at 147gr I couldn't find a better deal. I'll be paying almost 35% more for 9mm JHP. it was 85 bucks with tax for 500 rounds of 9mm JHP remanufactured... If you guys can find that to the door for me I'll be thrilled.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I used to buy a lot from them, but as noted, when new 9mm got to .18rd they were still .20+ for remans... no point in paying tax and shipping when I can walk into Academy.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just bought Federal 100rd boxes at Walmart for $16.97 yesterday.
    They had WWB 100rd for $18.30 I believe.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Are you comparing Freedom's reman copper plated to new full metal jacket rounds on a cost basis?

Top Bottom