• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Way to go Vern! Are you taking your shots through the AngelEye LCD? How's that working out?

I'm using a Pulsar N750 DigiSight and an Angel Eye DVR to record - I have added a microphone to the DVR.
    If you listen close to the end, you will hear a couple of grown men giggling like school girls...!!
    Ny Nephew is using a Sightmark Photon 5X Digital Night scope.
    I didn't have my Illuminator on as I was getting set up and the Streamlight SuperTAC IR on light up the area nicely EXCEPT when he's looking over here and I looking over there....hindsight is always 20/20...
    They are both mounted on ARs running 6.8x43 AR Performance barrels shooting 120gr SST handloads.
    We were shooting between 70 and 85 yards with a little moonlight but it was really overcast so the moon didn't help much.
    Also, this was shot in Western Bastrop County, just inside the County line near Red Rock.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Right, I understand what equipment you're using--read it in the YouTube description. My question was whether you're using the LCD to take your shots. I guess you'd have to if you cover the Pulsar's eyepiece with the AngelEye camera.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Right, I understand what equipment you're using--read it in the YouTube description. My question was whether you're using the LCD to take your shots. I guess you'd have to if you cover the Pulsar's eyepiece with the AngelEye camera.

The N750 DigiSight has a video out jack.
    The Angel Eye is just a DVR and while it has a corded microphone/camera included, I am using the video out on the DigiSight directly into the DVR.
    The Angel Eye is sitting on the bench with a 24" wire between the DVR and DigiSight.
    I am actually looking thru the DigiSight and you see on the video exactly what I see thru the scope.

That being said, I was just really off last night and usually connect a lot more!
    Basically, my shooting really sucked last night....but it was still fun and that's a few less tearing up my creek botton and hay/costal fields.
    I'm usually about 70 to 75% but only hit 3 out of 7 shots but did drop the sow on the first shot!

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    That is awesome that you have the ability to look through the scope and record what's being seen through the scope at the same time. Yeah, I was going to say if you were stuck using the LCD for aiming purposes, that could suck if the LCD's no good.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    It's all good my friend.
    Almost all night vision has an RCA video jack so you can record or show your output on a TV or something.

I have used my handheld unit on a tripod and hooked to a TV when the critters were raiding the wife's garden at night....

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Looks like too much fun.

I won't 2nd guess what I didn't witness so a non-judgmental question, why did it take so long to finish off the couple that were staggering around?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    5 round mags, WHY!? You obviously have some money tied up in night hunting so that makes no sense to me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Flush fit, less to snag on in the dark?

Random guess, I always use short mags when sighting my ARs cause its easier to shoot from a bench that way.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    5 round mags, WHY!? You obviously have some money tied up in night hunting so that makes no sense to me.

Oversight...
    Normally around here, the pigs come in in onesies and twosies...so I normally carry 5 rounders for the reasons Younggun stated but plan to park them as the 5s and 10s are the same length.
    The last two Friday nights were the exceptions as this is the first time I have seen sizeable sounders show up in over 4 years.
    I think this is primarily due to the severe drought we are experiencing.
    I generally keep the pressure on them all year long and had exactly zero pigs on any of my game cameras from end of October until about 6 weeks ago when they showed up again.
    The deer and turkeys didn't mind as they had plenty of corn during those months!

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here

Walk around for 8 hours with a 30 round mag and you'll be looking for ways to save weight and stop it from catching on everything, trust me. If all you're doing is sticking pigs, you ain't gonna need no thirty shots.

Vern, good move up to the 10s. Like you said, same size as the 5s and those five rounds can make a big difference.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well, I'm trying to get my warrior certification so I don't even own anything less than 60rnd clips. :fire:

Top Bottom