• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonc_chl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    leander
    His Glock 22 .40cal was stolen out of his car around the 183 & Duval area in Austin, I think it was Friday night, last three of SN=265
    Guns International

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Could you PM or e-mail the entire S/N? Sorry for the theft. I can list it on a couple of data bases if I have the entire number.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Thefts of guns from vehicles simply defy explanation.

Who would leave a gun unsecured in an unattended vehicle?

Did the vehicle have all sorts of "Glock, Sig-Sauer, NRA, and Springfield Armory" decals affixed to it?

Gun thefts from vehicles can be totally prevented!

Take charge of your weapon.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

Did the vehicle have all sorts of "Glock, Sig-Sauer, NRA, and Springfield Armory" decals affixed to it?

So it's the fault of the gun owner???? WTF.

Some of us choose not to carry our firearms by choice or regulation everywhere we go and sometimes have to leave them in a locked car. If it is ever stolen it is not my fault but that of some criminal involved in breaking the law. Sounds like you want to blame the victim of the crime, what liberal crap.................

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    So it's the fault of the gun owner???? WTF.

Some of us choose not to carry our firearms by choice or regulation everywhere we go and sometimes have to leave them in a locked car. If it is ever stolen it is not my fault but that of some criminal involved in breaking the law. Sounds like you want to blame the victim of the crime, what liberal crap.................

Actually, a conservative view would be to secure your belongings so some liberal scum bag cannot steal it.

We all know that a vehicle is not a secure place to keep valuables, unless you have something like a vault in it.

Yes, I do blame the owner of the gun for not having properly secured it.

A locked car is in and itself not a secure place to store valuables.

If you think that a locked car is equivalent to a "Gun Safe," I'd ask you to take a reality check.

Thousands of cars and trucks are broken into or stolen daily, along with their contents.

Better to think like a criminal than a victim. If you can be victimized, you will be unless you take every prudent measure to avoid victimization.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, there are preventative measures that can be taken.

Doesn't mean it the guys fault IMO. I'm sure he learns a very hard lesson.

Course it could have been a borrowed car or something, we don't know the circumstances.

Maybe it as his fault for tempting that poor criminal with an NRA sticker. We should probably throw him in jail for making that guy break the law.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Blaming the victim is still bull shit. Would it have been any different if it had been his house, and they stole it out of a closet? At the end of the day we all determine what we believe is prudent protection for our valuables, but the blame for the crime must fall on the criminal. I don't leave anything exposed, but there is always at least one gun in the car and not in a locked case. I rely on them not knowing that there is a gun in there, not knowing where to look, and the fact that it's a crime to break into someone car and steal their stuff. At the end of the day it's a f'n tool and not some revered object. If I get one stolen, I will pursue all legal action to get it returned and file an insurance claim. However no where in that will I think it's my fault. Even if you leave it on the dashboard, no honest person will bother it. It takes a law breaker, and that is where the blame should lie.

Do you also think that if a woman is wearing revealing clothing it's her fault if she gets raped???

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Well, it depends. Was the door even locked?(surprise most ppl don't) Did the owner have gun stickers pasted on his window. When u carry a firearm in your car don't make yourself a target. Don't draw attention to your car with unnecessary gun decals. They also make little vehicle pistol safes to secure your firearm.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Stickers all over my truck and car....have been for 30 years. ONE break-in, with a new Suburban that I hadn't had time to put stickers on (stolen the very night I bought it). Based on the way ya'll think, it was stolen BECAUSE there were no stickers. IOW.....HORSE APPLES. A thief ain't lookin' at stickers, he's just lookin' to steal shit.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    Good luck on the recovery, thanks for sharing.

As for blaming the victim is always bs. Yes there are measures that can be taken to reduce theft, but a theft is the fault of the thief.

kaiserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mansfield, Texas
    Stickers all over my truck and car....have been for 30 years. ONE break-in, with a new Suburban that I hadn't had time to put stickers on (stolen the very night I bought it). Based on the way ya'll think, it was stolen BECAUSE there were no stickers. IOW.....HORSE APPLES. A thief ain't lookin' at stickers, he's just lookin' to steal shit.

+1

Bash and dash criminals are not selective.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, it's the criminal's actions that should be drawing our disdain; not the victim's. There are many circumstances where folks may have to leave a firearm in their vehicles, they should have every right to do so.

If someone breaks into your house, and busts you safe open to steal your firearms, are you to blame?!?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I just throw obama and diane fienstein stickers on my truck...keeps it safe

Would not keep it safe in my neighborhood...............................
    rolling.gif

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio

I agree that they can be prevented by several means, however - I have an NRA sticker, Glock sticker, Sig Sticker, and a Boogerhooker off the bang switch sticker. I also have completely clear windows, so a criminal doesn't have to break in to see whats inside. I keep my daily driver very clean on the inside, and you cannot even see the safe under the seat. Stickers don't cause the crime!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, if the weapon was left in the car due to the fact he was entering a business with a legit 30.06 posting, could he sue the business, lol?

Top Bottom