Gun Zone Deals

Friends of NRA Banquet in Austin May 10th!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    So what are the door prizes at this one? I see the tickets are higher priced so I didn't know if they had more or better giveaways.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Dude,

Change that avatar!

Looks like a grease-eating monkey chucked his lunch.

In the shadow of the Alamo, I take my siesta!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So what are the door prizes at this one? I see the tickets are higher priced so I didn't know if they had more or better giveaways.

Just spoke w/the Chair a few minutes ago....she's gonna join the forum in the morning and answer your questions for ya. Don't want to give ya any bum answers!

An' the wimmen-folk all love mah avatar, so it's gonna stay the way it is.....

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Sweet! Can't wait. I have been wanting to go to one, but this one is more expensive then most....didn't know what was different.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I will probably go with some of the other guys from TGR. I was going to buy a table but kind of stupid that a table is more expensive than paying for 8 tickets (the capacity of a table).

If I don't go to this one I will go to Marble Falls on May 31...

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Dana has to work the next morning. But, as long as I can get the next morning off, it won't be a problem driving back home same night. But 5am will make it a long day, lol.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I will probably go with some of the other guys from TGR. I was going to buy a table but kind of stupid that a table is more expensive than paying for 8 tickets (the capacity of a table).

If I don't go to this one I will go to Marble Falls on May 31...

BUT - buying a table gets you a chance on the Wall of Guns (I'll let the Chair explain that in more detail), AND if you're a business you can then write it off as advertising.

243lady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Austin
    Introduction:
    Hello - As the Chair for the 2012 Central Texas Event in Austin, I will be happy to answer any questions. First, thanks to TexasRedNeck for posting our event.
    Answers to questions:
    1) Yes the cost of the ticket is greater than most events in South Texas. We've moved the event to the Sheraton Hotel Ballroom at 11th and IH35 - easy access. Included in the price of the ticket is a 3 course meal with two entrees - 4 oz Beef and 4 oz Chicken with roasted potatoes and veggie. The desserts are to die for! A luscious chocolate cake, key lime pie, caramel apple pie, and several others I can't remember. The ticket also includes a cocktail from the cash bar. Drink prices are LOW-$3-6 dollars depending, the hotel takes credit cards so you could run a tab on the drinks. Parking in the hotel garage is complimentary, thanks to a generous donation from the Texas State Rifle Association.
    2) The table price is $450 for a table reserved for 8 people - this includes a chance on a drawing for a firearm from the "Wall of Guns". The Wall inventory is based on what is available on the day of the event. The winner chooses which firearm they want from a selection of 15-20 guns - pistol, rifle, shotguns. You can Google NRA wall of guns and take a look.
    3) Individual tickets or table can be purchases on line at the Friends of NRA website - or at McBrides, Red's Indoor Range or contact me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well.....interesting night. Gotta go back to Austin today an' go by Red's Range (South) - seems a coupla things follered me home......

Kimber Custom II (raffle)
    Engraved Henry Golden Boy (auction)
    Masterpiece Arms 380 (auction)
    Stoeger O/U (raffle)
    Ruger LCP (raffle)

All in all, not a bad haul for the night!<G>

Top Bottom