Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    May 5, 2016

Tomball VFW Hall
    14408 Alice Road
    Tomball TX, 77375

They are always on Thursday nights, though.

I have never been, & would like to make one.
    Hurley's Gold

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The "Friends" banquet is a fund raiser. They get the money from sale of goods ....... especially Firearms. All transfers are on a 4473 so everything is 100% legal. Boat loads of guns change ownership that night. The guns are picked up at an FFL after the banquet.

"Friends" money is earmarked for educational and range development purposes. None of the "Friends" funds can be used for political activities BUT, by relieving the NRA of those costs, more money is available to fight politically.

I volunteered for a long time, but moved on.

Flash

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Roger4314 meant to say "..Friends funds CAN NOT be used for political activities.."

In fact, politics are BANNED at FNRA dinners. That's not to say that every politician in the area won't be there shaking hands and such. But it's about supporting gun activities - like JROTC and such.

FNRA dinners are FUN! Good food, good folks, fun raffles, even fun auctions. (I enjoy watching people get carried away on some insane item.) Lots of guns in the raffles and auctions.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Roger4314 meant to say "..Friends funds CAN NOT be used for political activities.."

In fact, politics are BANNED at FNRA dinners. That's not to say that every politician in the area won't be there shaking hands and such. But it's about supporting gun activities - like JROTC and such.

FNRA dinners are FUN! Good food, good folks, fun raffles, even fun auctions. (I enjoy watching people get carried away on some insane item.) Lots of guns in the raffles and auctions.

Good point I thought it was covered in my statement: "None of the "Friends" funds can be used for political activities BUT, by relieving the NRA of those costs, more money is available to fight politically." It's an important point and I appreciate that you clarified it.

Flash

LFHenderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    I went to my 1st Friends banquet last year and had a great time, food was decent, fun auctions and spending the evening with other gun minded people.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom