• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willisrad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Damn this price surge bs!!

I've been planning on buying a 10/22 for like a year now, and now that finances are easier to justify a new gun purchase I can't find one in any stores, and people who are selling them are asking crazy prices!!!

i understand the dynamics of supply and demand, but it's a 10/22!!! I highly doubt it will be affected by any legislation (except magazine capacity and aftermarket parts possibly).

Grrrrrrr!!!!!
    That's all.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you get one, put one of the evil looking kits in it and find a hi capacity bullit clip.

It's more fun if they don't want you to have it :)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What sucks about a 10/22 is they probably won't hit the used market dirt cheap like a ton of ARs will.

Dang good gun. Hope you find what you are looking for.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

I've been planning on buying a 10/22 for like a year now, and now that finances are easier to justify a new gun purchase I can't find one in any stores, and people who are selling them are asking crazy prices!!!

i understand the dynamics of supply and demand, but it's a 10/22!!! I highly doubt it will be affected by any legislation (except magazine capacity and aftermarket parts possibly).

Grrrrrrr!!!!!
    That's all.

Just hang on to your money. The market is already turning. It won't be long until you can buy all of the 10/22s you want at normal market prices.

You'll get it. Just be patient.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'd sell ya mine if it weren't the only one I own. It IS fun though-I'm thinking about buying a few more down the road along with some pistols to use for trading in the future.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    They can argue that it's made to accept a "High capacity" magazine and is therefore bannable. It can also take a pistol grip, flash hider, and whatever other ghey tactical shit they sell out of Cheaper Than No One.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    It can also take a pistol grip, flash hider, and whatever other ghey tactical shit .

Don't hate lol.
    IMG_20130113_132013.jpg

IMG_20130113_131944.jpg

mcfroggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    League City

Grrrrrrr!!!!!
    That's all.

Im in the same boat as you. I've been looking for a 10/22 without luck.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Don't hate lol.
    IMG_20130113_132013.jpg

IMG_20130113_131944.jpg

No hate. I think the 10/22 makes a fine self-defense rifle for people who absolutely can't stand the recoil of anything stronger or want a gun they easily stock up 3,000 rounds for in case of a TEOTWAWKI situation. If what I've read is true, .22 shot from a rifle barrel has about the same energy as a .38spl so it's no pea shooter.

I think people who dress them up like a poor man's AR-15 then try to act like they have the hottest gun on the block are retards, though.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Yep. Mine is a jeep gun. I had the receiver sitting in a drawer. I traded a couple P mags for the barrel n stock. it is definitely not a self defense gun. I like the folding stock for storage it is basically a survival gun. Glockster69 was raving about thr trimag coupler, so I bought one. I like it except the stock will not fold with it in. I almost traded off the receiver right before sandyhook, because I had just got a stainless marlin 60. I'm glad I kept it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Don't worry about not being able to find a 10/22, as even if you did you wouldn't be able to find any ammo to run through it!

The market is in a bad place right now, just like 2008. We'll have to see when and how it recovers...

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Yep. Mine is a jeep gun. I had the receiver sitting in a drawer. I traded a couple P mags for the barrel n stock. it is definitely not a self defense gun. I like the folding stock for storage it is basically a survival gun. Glockster69 was raving about thr trimag coupler, so I bought one. I like it except the stock will not fold with it in. I almost traded off the receiver right before sandyhook, because I had just got a stainless marlin 60. I'm glad I kept it.

How's that Marlin holdin' up for you?

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    Go new. Used 10/22s have been ridiculously priced since way before Frankenstein opened her mouth. Add an $80 stock to dad's 40 year old 10/22 and cut out the bolt open, and it's suddenly a custom 10/22 that is worth $500.

Looking at gun and ammo prices, I sometimes don't know if I should say "No thank you" or laugh in their face when they quote 4 times what it was 3rd quarter last year.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom