• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The wife and I have noticed over tge past two months that the Lay’s potato chip and Cheetos don’t taste like they used to. It started when we saw a few weeks if great pricing on Frito-Lay products (buy 3 for $2.99 ea., etc). We noticed that these special size bags tasted different so we went back to the regular, more expensive, bags. Now, even the large size bags taste funny.

I googled this and discovered that Pepsico, who owns Frito - Lay, decided to “ improve the nutritional profile” of the Frito-Lay product line by lowering salt, using different plant proteins and other “ healthier” changes.

Like everything else, the Leftists have now destroyed our salty, unhealthy snack food because they know what is good for us and thry will do the thinking for all of us.

I will never buy a Frito- Lay snack again. I will stick to Utz and Herrs

DK Firearms

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Many products have been changed but it's mostly done for profits not health and the marketing business is great at selling products and not being truthful with what they are selling.
    Pepsi co. recently re branded Sierra mist to Starry but they also tune it up or down cuz it aint the same. They say it was for competition reasons. Yeah right!

Last edited:

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Actually, I believe ADM provides many of the ingredients for Peosi but Pepsico is a standalone corporation according to the Leftist source Wikipedia

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The wife and I have noticed over tge past two months that the Lay’s potato chip and Cheetos don’t taste like they used to. It started when we saw a few weeks if great pricing on Frito-Lay products (buy 3 for $2.99 ea., etc). We noticed that these special size bags tasted different so we went back to the regular, more expensive, bags. Now, even the large size bags taste funny.

I googled this and discovered that Pepsico, who owns Frito - Lay, decided to “ improve the nutritional profile” of the Frito-Lay product line by lowering salt, using different plant proteins and other “ healthier” changes.

Like everything else, the Leftists have now destroyed our salty, unhealthy snack food because they know what is good for us and thry will do the thinking for all of us.

I will never buy a Frito- Lay snack again. I will stick to Utz and Herrs

As with other issues, the goal is removal of choice and control of our lives. Nutrition has nothing to do with it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1702647152794.jpeg

"What do you mean by going on a diet??"

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    That’s what happens when a Texas corporation is bought be a New York company.
    I interviewed at their corporate office 20+ years ago. I remember everyone I met was under 30, blond hair and blue eyes. I joked with my wife they were running a Hitler youth program.

Top Bottom