• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I got to use some today on my 30 year old 1911 and I will be using it exclusively from now on. I've used CLP Break free, Hoppes, MPro-7 and Machine Gunners lube. But why the switch after 1 use?
    -It's easy to use. Instead of an oil-like substance it's a paste. Brush it on, wipe it off. Boom, done.
    -It works really well! Carbon came off without excessive scrubbing. A nylon brush and micro fiber towel is all I needed.
    -You don't need much so it's cost effective. I got my hands on a single use tube and only used half on 2 pistols.
    -It stays on and you can tell immediately. I cleaned a guys Glock and just by using the slide release he said he noticed a difference. My mags drop free fast and easy and the slide is noticeably smoother.
    -It's not "greasy" FrogLube is made from plant material, is 100% bio-degradable, and has a nice minty smell. Don't get me wrong I love the smell of gun oil, but maybe your significant other doesn't. Also after getting on my hands, my hands aren't "greasy".

So what's the downside? I'm not sure yet. If you're in San Antonio you can get it at U.S. Patriot Tactical on Rittiman. The 1 time use tubes are 99 cents so there's nothing to lose.

Rmbreset

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Round Rock
    I started using it yesterday. The stuff is fantastic use it once and your a convert ! If you in the Austin area round2brass sells it for less than the mfg. website , 30.00 for the starter kit .

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I have been thinking about using it, ever since hearing about it at a gun show last month.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I did several hours of research on this a while back and decided against frog lube. They won't say what it's made out of so there's no way to tell if it really lubes your gun properly.

Some people swear by silicone spray, too, but thats a horrible choice for a lubricant. Does it keep the gun running? Sure, like a dream! Does it protect from friction damage? Not whatsoever!

Until FL tells me what's in their product I'll stick with Marine grease and home-made Ed's Red

GrantCunningham.com - Library.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Frog lube is safe to use man. Its been used for a few years now, by people who run their guns harder than any of us here could ever imagine. I have still yet to find ONE bad thing or experience with it

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Frog lube is safe to use man. Its been used for a few years now, by people who run their guns harder than any of us here could ever imagine. I have still yet to find ONE bad thing or experience with it

I've read somewhere before, that in colder environments, if you over lube the gun it'll cause malfunctions.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I've read somewhere before, that in colder environments, if you over lube the gun it'll cause malfunctions.

What it does is congeal, but once the gun gets running again, the lube gets runny. Ive honestly never heard of this, but that sounds like it could happen with any lube in a cold environment

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    The one Downside to froglube is if you want your gun refinished it is a pain in the ass to get the lube out of the metel. Other than that it works wonders!!! I love it!!!

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    What it does is congeal, but once the gun gets running again, the lube gets runny. Ive honestly never heard of this, but that sounds like it could happen with any lube in a cold environment

Yeah, I knew that. I'm certain I saw it somewhere. I'll go find the link. If I don't find it, then I guess I'm a liar.

I still use the stuff though.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Maybe I misread it. I did a quick search and people are saying it was gummed up in cold weather but stopped once the gun warmed up, which is what would make sense.

Either way, the Froglube Koolaid tastes gud.

Top Bottom