• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2017
    DFW
    Hi Gang,

I recently moved from Connecticut to the DFW area and couldn't be happier about it. CT and the northeast in general has some real crappy gun laws, but there is much more down here to appreciate in a lot of other areas. Politically, culturally and socially, I just wasn't feeling it any longer, and I've been there for all 35 years of my life.

Anyways, I am north of Dallas in Frisco and have had some opportunities to check out some local shops and 1 range. I've been to Rifle Works in Plano, Runner Runner in McKinney and have also been to Elm Fork. I tried another range but ran into some real weird rules about not being allowed to shoot FMJ rifle ammo and didn't shoot. So I need to better understand what that is all about.

Anyways, I am big into 1911s, built a couple of ARs thus far and have a collection of some other toys.

Nick
    Hurley's Gold

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Welcome to TGT and Texas! Didn't Mark Twain write a book about a Connecticut Yankee in Chuck Norris country or something along that line?

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Welcome to The Great State of Texas (that's the official way to pronounce Texas).
    I moved from The People's Republik of Konnectikut back in Dec of 2013. I'm a Native Texan that went away for a couple of decades to serve my Country. My wife is from Norwich. She's got a Bostonian accent.
    If you need any help understanding that there aren't any package stores, zero good NY style Chinese food, no Irish bars, or such other items, you let me know. There is one good Italian food place. It's Big Joe's in Haslet. It's the typical mom and pop Italian place. It's 25 minutes north of downtown Ft Worth. Best stromboli that I've ever had. He's got good pizza too. The garlic knots are amazing. He's a Yankees fan. I always shout, "Go Sox!" when I walk in.
    Your CT pistol permit is good here. You already know that though. I still have mine. I actually renewed it two months ago. Cheaper than taking the class, finger prints, and State fees. Just download and read over the laws here in Texas and you'll be good to go. I don't know if you remember K-5 Arms Exchange in Milford. He moved to Texas back in 2013. I stopped in late last year to his shop. Nice guy. Decent price on the Walther PPQ 45. We had lots to talk about, i.e. Malloy ruining the State, anti-gun liberals, no State income tax in Texas, etc.
    And once again, welcome to a Free State.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hi Gang,

I recently moved from Connecticut to the DFW area and couldn't be happier about it. CT and the northeast in general has some real crappy gun laws, but there is much more down here to appreciate in a lot of other areas. Politically, culturally and socially, I just wasn't feeling it any longer, and I've been there for all 35 years of my life.

Anyways, I am north of Dallas in Frisco and have had some opportunities to check out some local shops and 1 range. I've been to Rifle Works in Plano, Runner Runner in McKinney and have also been to Elm Fork. I tried another range but ran into some real weird rules about not being allowed to shoot FMJ rifle ammo and didn't shoot. So I need to better understand what that is all about.

Anyways, I am big into 1911s, built a couple of ARs thus far and have a collection of some other toys.

Nick
    My kinda' guy! Welcome from the middle of Texass out here in the sticks!

Nick!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2017
    DFW
    Welcome to The Great State of Texas (that's the official way to pronounce Texas).
    I moved from The People's Republik of Konnectikut back in Dec of 2013. I'm a Native Texan that went away for a couple of decades to serve my Country. My wife is from Norwich. She's got a Bostonian accent.
    If you need any help understanding that there aren't any package stores, zero good NY style Chinese food, no Irish bars, or such other items, you let me know. There is one good Italian food place. It's Big Joe's in Haslet. It's the typical mom and pop Italian place. It's 25 minutes north of downtown Ft Worth. Best stromboli that I've ever had. He's got good pizza too. The garlic knots are amazing. He's a Yankees fan. I always shout, "Go Sox!" when I walk in.
    Your CT pistol permit is good here. You already know that though. I still have mine. I actually renewed it two months ago. Cheaper than taking the class, finger prints, and State fees. Just download and read over the laws here in Texas and you'll be good to go. I don't know if you remember K-5 Arms Exchange in Milford. He moved to Texas back in 2013. I stopped in late last year to his shop. Nice guy. Decent price on the Walther PPQ 45. We had lots to talk about, i.e. Malloy ruining the State, anti-gun liberals, no State income tax in Texas, etc.
    And once again, welcome to a Free State.

Hi There! Thanks for the restaurant recommendations.

I sure do remember K5 and I remember when they closed down, but I never realized its because the guy closed down. I never purchased there anything myself but popped in a couple of times.

So a couple updates on dirtbag Malloy and the CT permit fee.

1) He is not running again because he drove the state into the toilet and pissed everybody off.
    2) He proposed increasing permit fees 400%

http://wtnh.com/2017/02/14/gun-owners-start-push-back-against-malloy-pistol-fee-hike/

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Yep, the owner of K-5 saw the writing on the wall after Sandy Hook and relocated to Texas. I've kept tabs on CT and the crap (toll roads re-implemented, mileage tax, more state employee layoffs, etc) that's going on there via WTNH's FB page.
    We're going back at the end of August for the first time since leaving back in Dec 2013. Wife wants to see her father.

Nick!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2017
    DFW
    Yep, the owner of K-5 saw the writing on the wall after Sandy Hook and relocated to Texas. I've kept tabs on CT and the crap (toll roads re-implemented, mileage tax, more state employee layoffs, etc) that's going on there via WTNH's FB page.
    We're going back at the end of August for the first time since leaving back in Dec 2013. Wife wants to see her father.

At least you can get some good pizza

Top Bottom