• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    I am nearly done parting out the remainder of my Mosin Nagant collection and I have one more Finnish M91 for sale - $200.00

http://photobucket.com/finm91

When I first purchased this rifle it was as a project piece. The action was in good shape but it needed a new bolt head and ejector which I swapped out. The stock was nearly ruined from the previous owners attempt at refinnishing it.

When it arrived it was NOT a pretty looking rifle.

I gauged the headspace and firing pin protrusion and fired about two dozen rounds (commercial non-corrosive) at the range to test functionality - not a single problem while at the range and it shot well.

The grooves and lands are sharp (albiet the bore is dirty and will clean up with some gun solvent).

The stock was then removed and taken to the man who refinnished the sks I sold on the boards not to long ago - http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/guns-sale/36684-wts-norinco-sks.html.

I have purchased 4 new sling plates + screws as well as sling hangers for the rifle - the plates still need to be hand fit to the stock - basically a little bit of sanding to fit.

Besides fitting the sling plates - the only piece which is still required to make the rifle complete is a rear barrel band. The original band's screw was rusted and I had to cut through the screw holding the band tight. It is still on the rifle - and it makes the rifle look complete. The only issue is that it cannot be tightened down. Either the screw needs to be drilled out and a machine screw with nut fitted for functionality or a new rear barrel band will need to be sourced from ebay or perhaps the gunboards wtb section.

Also, when I was moving some stuff around, I accidently put a 2inch "crease" in the buttstock next to the buttplate. I have not tried, but the damp rag / hot iron trick might work to pull the crease out. Please see pictures to see what I am talking about.

Overall this is a VERY nice looking and shooting M91 with a beautiful reddish refinnished stock. Of all the Mosin's I had or have shot, this one has probably the best and lightest trigger pull I have encountered. If I had planned on keeping a Mosin then I would have definitely swapped the trigger and sear out of this one because it is that nice I think!

I paid around $250 for the rifle plus work / parts (about $100). If you know what this is and collect Mosin Nagant rifles - then you know that finding a Fin Mosin for less than $250 has been nearly impossible as of late. A quick look at Fin M91's on gunbroker showed buyout prices of $300 and up.

If you have any other questions - please do not hesitate to ask me. I cannot, off the top of my head, remember what the receiver date is ... pre-1920s I want to say.

I would prefer a cash sale F2F in NW Houston, but might be willing to ship to another resident here in Texas for additional funds to cover the shipping.

Thanks for looking!

-Dave
    Venture Surplus ad

TXDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Magnolia
    I wish I could go the trade route - I need the cash though. I am cleaning out my closet and selling everything of value that I do not "absolute" need and unfortunately that includes this last piece from my mosin collection.

-Dave

Top Bottom