Ft hood

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by wildcat, Nov 6, 2009.

1. wildcat

wildcat Member

May 3, 2008
    ONE GUY WITH A CHL COULD HAVE STOPPED 43 people getting shot by this ******* muslim.

2. SouthTex

SouthTex New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    An Army base no less... it escapes me to think more than just the civilian security police would be armed.

Condolences to the thousands of soldiers, civilians and family members who were touched by yesterday's tragedy at Fort Hood.

3. wildcat

wildcat Member

May 3, 2008
    Fn 5.7

It seems most were shot in the stomach. As a doctor he would know, as my training illustraded, high velocity is most effective with hydro shock. Send him to Turkey where they still do public beheading.

4. Fleetman

Fleetman Member

I hope when he awakens the nurses/doctors will do all they can to elevate his pain and discomfort....I wholeheartedly volunteer to assist in any way I can to ensure his demise!

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't know if CHLs apply to military installations for military personnel. All personal firearms are usually stored in the armory. It's up to the Base Commander to make that call.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    He was a head doctor, not a surgeon.

7. Tired Retired

Tired Retired New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    Just a comment from a retired military officer.... The US Military hasn't allowed their personnel to walk around bases with weapons since probably the Indian wars 125 years ago. Several reasons exists all of which I agree with. It may not be easy to connect the dots from Thursday's situation to what I am about to say, but think about this for a few monutes... The biggest reason for not arming all troups in our home bases is rooted in our Constitution keeping the military under civilian control. While we all consider it unthinkable in America, other countries (particularly ones that keeps their troups armed on base) have issues with military coups on a regular basis. Additionally, most installations in CONUS do not stockpile enough weapons to arm everyone on the base - they usually only keep enough weapons (and ammo) to conduct range and field training. Now, this has a down side (troups are not as familiar with the weapons) but the up side is fewer ND's going off. And trust me, like every population group, there are a few in our military who have ND's no matter how much training they get!

Remember, military installations are GENERALLY safer, lower crime, more controlled environments that are populated with people who are generally pre-screened and a "higher cut" above what you find walking down the street on the civilain side of the street. There are far fewer shootings, armed robberies and murders on our bases.

Also remember that the Officer Munley was there in less 2 1/2 minutes (yep, no "911, will you hold please?"). She's a real hero and needs to have the nation's praise and support while she recovers.... what a girl!!!

8. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Soldiers huddled up around a cell with live feed out in our remote training site, Chow hall as quiet as a library and the MWR with all channels on the same station. Was a sad day.

9. wrtanker

wrtanker Active Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    +1 with TiredRetired. I'm on active duty in VA. We don't even have a range here on Ft. Monroe (no combat units, no training mission). All us REMFs don't have assigned weapons and there aren't any assigned to the unit (TRADOC HQ).

As for a CHL, Army posts are federal property and a state CHL wouldn't fly (I assume). I know that getting caught on post with an undeclared weapon is a very bad thing. The Soldiers genreally responded to the situation very well from what I've heard. Just an all-around bad situation. Officer Munley is indeed a hero. My prayers for all...

10. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Tired Retired,

Ft., hood is a gun free criminal engterpsie zone and like ost such zones, it is where massacres occur on a routine basis.

sorry, but not allowing CHLs on post contributed to the turd's (I refuse to type his name) ability to conduct his massacre.