• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Dogpile!!!!!!!!!!! No BOS. I ask them a few questions.

I would be willing to "flash my CHL badge" to someone, but they're recording 0 info if they want to sell to me.

6035135.jpg
    Guns International

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'll show DL/CHL if requested. I'll answer reasonable questions about my legal standing to buy/own a gun.

BOS, copy of my info...ain't gonna happen, buying OR selling.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    wasnt expecting so much backlash.
    I just meant something showing that you are no longer in possession.

seems to me if it doesnt do any good then it doesnt do any harm either, but thats just my opinion
    As far as personal info, the time i signed one when i bought something it had nothing more than my name signature and the serial number.
    I'd never let a stranger who isnt a licensed dealer write down my dl/chl #'s

I was honestly just curious because I have something I need to sell and have never done a private transaction.

The backlash comes for several reasons:

1) Soldiers are giving their lives, limbs for your right not to provide that info. Yet folks are giving away those hard fought rights.

2) The plain ignorance of thinking it does any good to exchange info.

3) WTF am I fighting Brady Bunch laws for you if you are going to voluntarily close the "gun show loophole?"

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    This is from a recent ad in Dallas Armslist today:

"Face-to-face transactions only. Proof of legal age and Texas residency is required. Bill of sale will include a photo image of Buyer's DL or CHL. $455 Firm. Cash only."

I would be happy to show my CHL, but in no way would I let him make a photocopy of it.

Bear67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    East Texas
    I buy and sell guns every week/month and do not require a BOS or want one when I buy. I might show you my CHL, but you will not copy any information. I have reached the age of 21 over 3 times and I know when someone looks bogus to me. I have refused to sell guns to individuals who did not look kosher to me. A Texas DL does not mean they are elgible--I have had illegial immigrants working for me for years who had a DL. But they never were citizens. A CHL should mean they are elgible.

But use your judgement and enjoy the freedom to buy and sell to free men in a free country. We should be vigilant to protect those rights are we will be filling out government paperwork to do everything. Exercise your freedoms today--buy a gun and some ammunition.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    Just follow the law why add any more complexity to it. So if the law doesn't require BOS then one is not needed. Keep it simple, that's the way it should be. Seller can ask for BOS or what ever else they want, but buyer too can also walk away from the deal.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    So what if a weapon in your possession is linked to very serious crime. Through an unfortunate series of events you do not have alibi for the date of the crime, and you fit the description of the assailant. The weapon was purchased legally through a FTF, but you have no proof that such a transaction ever took place? For instance the weapon is identified at a shooting range by the victim that it was stolen from, due to some unique characteristic. Could you be charged with the crime, and at the least possession of stolen property that you will have to forfeit?
    Would a little foresight in identifying the seller with any available paperwork place you in a stronger position in proving your innocence?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So what if a weapon in your possession is linked to very serious crime. Through an unfortunate series of events you do not have alibi for the date of the crime, and you fit the description of the assailant. The weapon was purchased legally through a FTF, but you have no proof that such a transaction ever took place? For instance the weapon is identified at a shooting range by the victim that it was stolen from, due to some unique characteristic. Could you be charged with the crime, and at the least possession of stolen property that you will have to forfeit?
    Would a little foresight in identifying the seller with any available paperwork place you in a stronger position in proving your innocence?

You do not have to prove anything.

Never mind very few crime guns are ever traced.

I think the biggest problem is folks watch too much TV, cause no-way, no-how is anyone going to document a real case where a innocent person got jailed because he failed to get DL/BOS/etc when selling a gun later used in a crime.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I buy and sell guns every week/month and do not require a BOS or want one when I buy. I might show you my CHL, but you will not copy any information. I have reached the age of 21 over 3 times and I know when someone looks bogus to me. I have refused to sell guns to individuals who did not look kosher to me. A Texas DL does not mean they are elgible--I have had illegial immigrants working for me for years who had a DL. But they never were citizens. A CHL should mean they are elgible.

But use your judgement and enjoy the freedom to buy and sell to free men in a free country. We should be vigilant to protect those rights are we will be filling out government paperwork to do everything. Exercise your freedoms today--buy a gun and some ammunition.

"I have had illegial immigrants working for me for years who had a DL. But they never were citizens. A CHL should mean they are elgible."

Why would you hire them when you knew they were illegal?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Not so fast. The problem could be the laws that don't let an employer discriminate. If a person has proper ID and papers, even if suspect, you can't NOT hire them, put them though extra background checks or be liable for discrimination.

sure you can. repeat after me
    "im sorry, the position has been filled"

Top Bottom