• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsonjf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Nacogdoches
    Hi everyone first time poster.

I am a Nacogdoches native and purchased a Taurus .357 in December of 2008 in Texas. Since then I have moved to Norman, OK to attend graduate school and am needing to sell the revolver for some extra money.

My question is if it is legal to do a FTF transfer with an Oklahoma resident? I posted this question on OKshooters.com and was told that I had to get an FFL in BOTH states to make the sell and that selling directly to a resident of another state is a federal crime. Can someone verify this? If so, how does one go about setting up something like that? It sounds very complicated if it is true?

I'd just as soon sell the revolver to a Texas resident and to a FTF transfer but I only get to go to Texas about once every six weeks and don't think buyers would want to wait until my next trip into the state. Is it possible to use an FFL here in Oklahoma and have them ship the revolver to the buyer?

Sorry, I am kind of new to selling and buying all around. Any help is appreciated!
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You can't sell FTF to an Okie because you are still a Texas resident. You can sell the gun and ship it yourself to the buyer's FFL via FedEx or UPS.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Their policy is you have to ship overnight, which is expensive. I usually ship second day and forget to tell them there's a gun in the box.

If you find a local buyer you can meet at a dealer and pay them to transfer the gun. Transfer fee should be between $10 and $40.

Top Bottom