Gun Zone Deals

Fun Facts about yourself nobody would probably guess.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Haven't met him but would bet that's straight up humor.

100% true. She stays off my guns, I don't embarrass her in front of her hipster/liberal/artist friends. MSage gave me shit about the NPR thing on Facebook once...so it must be true.

Freakin pledge drive week on NPR...I might just turn the dial.

Sent from my iPhone 6a using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Tonight I said something to a guy I have never said before. It was "Hey, you're on fire." I was referring to the truck he was driving, but he got the message.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I read the entire thread and it was very enlightening! I had no idea there was so much tendency towards Homosexuality around here.........snicker.

OK, I may as well add some more unusual happenings.

*I was SCUBA diving in the Bahamas and saved a guy's life when he ran out of air at 105 feet.

*My ex lady friend and I used to take the Jet Ski out on the San Jacinto River and go around the bend to a secluded spot where we would go skinny dipping. Occasionally, we would also get frisky in the water.

One fine day we were up to our usual skinny dipping antics when a fish grabbed my UMMMM..... drain and tried to tear it off! I was hurt and bleeding so the festivities with my lady ended right there. I healed up just fine but I kept my swimming suit on the rest of the summer.

The next summer, temptation was too strong so we were were up to our old tricks at the private swimming hole. I remember thinking "no way that could happen again." Well....it did and the damned fish got me good! It wasn't just a bite. The scaled varmint hung on and fought for the prize tugging and thrashing around! That was the last time I went skinny dipping!

Now, before you nit-wits start in on the "worm" jokes, I've heard them all! The story is true!

Moving on.......

*I pulled a bullet out of my right shoulder with a pair of tweezers and a pocket knife.

*I was hired by IBM as a tech in Tulsa. The boss hired me but I had to come back to interview with the branch manager to seal the deal. I met the manager, sat down and he cut loose on me about my suit................it just wasn't the IBM uniform. He kept it up and got rude so I told him to shove the job up his asx.

As I opened the door to the manager's office, I passed the boss who was waiting outside. I just kept walking and he followed me all the way to the parking lot to find out what happened. I told him that I wouldn't put up with the Manager's shit and I simply told him to shove it.

Bottom Line.................I told IBM to F off! I always wondered how my life would have changed if I had hired on with IBM.

Flash

Last edited:

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I
    Now, before you nit-wits start in on the "worm" jokes, I've heard them all! The story is true!

Flash

One has to wonder (no homo) that maybe it was a huge fish to actually bite it. I would imagine a perch's mouth is kinda small...:p

Good job on the life saving action you did. I would have freaked out if I ran out of air like that.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Shirley Manson kicked me on the back of my head. It was unintentional, and she was very apologetic.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How do you know it wasn't your ex wife just trying to get some secret revenge

Jakashh.....you got it! She hired an ASSAULT FISH!..........snicker!

Nah, we still get along well and keep in touch because we have a little dog to raise. We just don't "date" any more.

Good job on the life saving action you did. I would have freaked out if I ran out of air like that.

Thanks! When a diver approaches you with eyes as big as the bottoms of a Coke bottles, he's in full panic! At 105 feet, running out of air is probably going to be fatal, you'll get an embolism or you'll be bent. Any way it goes, it isn't smiley.

I didn't know him as we just buddied up for a dive in a "Blue Hole". He got excited, wasted his air and huffed his tank to "zero". He knew he was in deep shit and his wife thanked me for saving him, later.

Flash

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Is there a story there? lol

Well, yes, kind of. She approached me and started in on the "thank you" stuff and I got a bit embarrassed so I razzed her out of the mood. I told her that she was probably just used to him and didn't want to break in another one! It worked, we laughed and I went on my way.

I am glad that the diver realized his ass was toast. He knew that he screwed up badly and used up one of his nine lives. As I said before, I didn't know him. We were single divers and just buddied up for that particular dive.

Just for fun, I pulled out my dive logs and looked up that dive. It was 12-31-89 off Andros Island- Bahamas in a "blue hole" at 105 feet. The sea was extremely rough and divers were puking over the side of the dive boat. The guy's name was "Rick". He got lucky that day.

Flash

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Here's a relatively recent one (right before the start of the season), I sold two cases of shot shells to Tim Duncan one day and I was checking him out he handed me his credit card, out of habit first thing out if my mouth was "sir can I just double check your id" smh. Well nothing wrong with that really and it is policy just felt weird immediately after I said it, he oblige no problem probably just thought this redneck doesn't watch basketball lol, all said and done he was a very polite man.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Back in the 80's, I was at the Indianapolis airport. At baggage claim Howie Mandel was videotaping the carousel. And for some reason taped me and the group I was with (Isaac Air Freight). Never did know why...

Top Bottom